Feels like the anxiety faded away.

this_portrait

Seems like I just don't get all that anxious much anymore in social situations (or in general, for that matter). If I do feel anxiety, it's such a small amount that I don't even notice it. I wonder if doing extracurricular work for the campus paper is the reason for this disappearance.

On the other hand, when I'm interacting with my peers or discussing in classes, it's a bit different. I'm sort of quiet, but I speak out a lot more than I used to. After the fact, though, I start thinking worried thoughts like, 'Oh, God, what if I came off as a complete moron? What if I said the wrong thing?' I don't dwell on it for too long because I prefer to not think about it too much, but the paranoid SA thoughts still pop up after the interaction. I suppose it's better than having them come up before and then preventing me from saying anything at all.

I've also been chewing on my fingers a lot more lately, and even biting my nails, something I rarely do, so I think anxiety has manifested itself in that action. I do this in private, because I don't want to catch other people's nasty germs, especially lately. I hate that I'm biting my nails, though. I keep trying to grow them somewhat so I can paint them (and thus keep them away from my mouth).

Yeah... My mental health has been doing some wonky sh*te lately.

MikeyC

Sounds like your mental health is on the up and up, which is great news. :)

Not sure about the biting of your fingers. My brother used to do that. It could be more of a habitual thing than an anxiety release. At least you're aware of it so you can stop it in the near future.

ImNotMyIllness

Sounds like you're improving! That's good that you don't dwell on it too long because when you do that, your SA has fuel and more fuel equals more anxiety.

Awesome. I feel inspired. I need to stop dwelling and ruminating over everything.

this_portrait

Yeah, chewing the skin off my fingers is something that I've been doing since I was about 13, and I've just been doing it more than usual lately. I'm more inclined to attribute that to habit.

Biting my nails is just weird, though. I haven't done that to excess in years.