Feelings of going backwards ::(:

Prestonator

Hey guys!

Well basically I suffer from SA and am recovering from an eating disorder (anorexia - caused by my SA). I have been battling from these for quite a while now and well had my first round of therapy about 3 years ago which involved seeing a counsellor and a dietician. Then this past year, since I have been at university I have had a second round of therapy which involved counselling at my Uni. I also met someone, who i am still currently with, who has supported me and well kicked me up my backside very hard. In the past 6 months I have made a lot of progress, finally my weight is at a level where I am less at risk of developing oesteroperosis and the problems associated with anorexia, even though I still am underweight for my age.

But now since it is the summer holidays and I am back home (not where I lived while at uni) i feel like it is so easy to fall back into my old ways. There are so many feelings here that i left behind when I went to uni that i worry will come back to haunt me in the two months that i am home. Also the habits I had when I lived with my boyfriend at uni aren't the same as the ones I have with my parents.

I really don't want to go back to the way I was. But for some reason I just feel all tense when I am at home, and the slightest thing can trigger off my anxiety. I was doing so well at uni. Felt so much better. I feel so much more at ease with my boyfriend than my parents. But I know that I cant live with him over the summer so I will have to find a way of coping whilst at home.

I hope this all makes sense......I could do with some advice! :confused:

da_illest101

I know it's hard but try to not stay home or spend little time there. Change the way your room look assuming it's one of the place that triggers your emotions ( this can be apply to any place in your house that your parents will allow you to change) Try to keep busy and think about how much better you feel now compare to before

Hero

First of all congratulations on the progress you made.

Keep reminding yourself of this progress and how well you've done. Set yourself some targets, something you can work towards. I find personally when I feel bored that is when my problems kick in, so keep yourself occupied and do things that make you happy ;)

Prestonator

First of all congratulations on the progress you made.

Keep reminding yourself of this progress and how well you've done. Set yourself some targets, something you can work towards. I find personally when I feel bored that is when my problems kick in, so keep yourself occupied and do things that make you happy ;)

Yes i think my anxiety is back because i am very bored at the moment. No work to be busying myself with. I am going to try a spinning class with someone on friday so i guess that is something to look forward to.

Anxiety is such a pain sometimes,....just when you feel like you are making progress...it creeps back again. I can detatch myself from it sometimes. but at the moment im finding it hard.

bigcat1967

I think that happens at times w/ about everything. If a person is trying to break a bad habit and they get rolling - they will eventually stall and go back doing the unwanted action. You just have to be persistent. :)

Prestonator

Thanks.

I was just doing so well where i lived at Uni, but ever since I have been home i just feel all anxious in my stomach. Im finding it hard to fight away the feelings and emotions i felt when I lived at home before going to uni.

I've been sitting here with a bowl of weetabix infront of me for 10 mins and all i have managed so far is one mouthful....i wouldn't have had a problem eating it at uni!