Feeling very depressed right about now.

Mahoshen

I'm starting to feel like I'm still the same person I was 5 years ago. I'm 19 now, and whenever I run into someone I've known from High School, they seem to be living the good life and look and act so much better than me. I feel frozen, like they grew up but I haven't. I want to grow up, too. I want to have a good job, I want to have friends, I want to be what my age is supposed to be. I just.. can't. Depression sucks..

What a coincidence. Same age, same years of suffering, same problem... I know exactly how you feel. *sigh* Just graduated and my life is going nowhere. Every day I'm thinking on what will happen to me.

My only hope is a miracle. Maybe one day I can be the same happy person I used to be...

The way I feel now is actually worse than a person who cried. I feel that I lost my soul...

Mahoshen

Thanks, qwerty AND videotape. I know this may sound weird but just knowing that I'm not the only one who feels this way has cheered me up quite a bit. It's like.. I try to talk about these kinds of things with my family but they never truly understand. I only ever get the whole, "Things will get better, chin up!," pep talk and that hardly ever helps. I know their heart is in the right place for caring, though.

hayashi

I am the complete opposite I think that I was better off when I was younger lol. But I do understand what you mean.

KurtG85

I understand exactly what you mean and feel the same way.
Plus, I just realized yesterday by someones comment that I have a significant bald spot on the back of my head and my hair is dropping off very rapidly. My self image is taking a catastrophic hit and im feeling more suicidal than I have in years.