Feeling out of options

tommydog

I feel this shame in myself, i cant see a way out at the moment. The hole i have dug myself financially and personally over a number of years is deep and now its all caught up with me.

I dont have money for food for myself, tobacco, my car is bieng repossessed in 18 days from today, ill be out on my arse soon cause i cant pay rent let alone all the bills. Yesterday i hocked my camera just so i could get food for the dogs. I might even have to give them up :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wont go into anything more, if you could believe it could be worse, one of the biggest ones is left untold.

I feel so much pressure .. i just dont seem to have any thing left. Instead of this situation giving me the motivation to do what ever it takes .. theres just nothing there, no spirit, no passion, no nothing.

Admittedly, im in a depressed mood tonight which is why im talking this way, but no matter what my banter is and what i would usually admit, the facts are the same, im fucked.

frizboy

Shit! Those are indeed dire straits. What I would try to do is to see if you can get on welfare, you know, get food stamps and the like (whatever Australia permits). Unfortunately, I believe that here in America, you need to work at least 20 hours a week to get food stamps. So you should try to hook up with an unemployment office and get something at least temporary. Welfare/food stamps are not degrading; one of my best friends uses food stamps, and I look up to him more than almost anyone else. My bro just recently got on a federal health insurance program due to his Asperger's, so I think you might be able to make a case for yourself due to SA or other situations.

In summary, it does seem like you're in a bad place right now... but there are things you can try to help yourself out. I don't know your situation terribly well, but maybe you could try moving in with a loved one or friend until things get a little better. I hope those kinds of options are available to you.

Good luck,
Tim

random

I am sorry that you are facing so much right now. It does sound like you are depressed and it's hard to climb out of these situations while you are depressed.
I agree with Frizboy's suggestions. Are you able to get emotional support from someone? (family member, friend, church, counselor, pyschologist). I am approaching a state of being overwhelmed myself and I am telling myself that although alot is facing me - I can only deal with one thing at a time -asking for advice and sometimes for help with motivation from others is helping me. If you had someone who is supportive they might be able to help you manage the issues and help you with the lack of motivation from depression (encourage you). Is it possible that you may want to go on anti-depressant meds for the short term so you can focus your energy a bit more? Hang in there - life is not always going to be this way.

Richey

tommy_15 said:
I feel this shame in myself, i cant see a way out at the moment. The hole i have dug myself financially and personally over a number of years is deep and now its all caught up with me.

I dont have money for food for myself, tobacco, my car is bieng repossessed in 18 days from today, ill be out on my arse soon cause i cant pay rent let alone all the bills. Yesterday i hocked my camera just so i could get food for the dogs. I might even have to give them up :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wont go into anything more, if you could believe it could be worse, one of the biggest ones is left untold.

I feel so much pressure .. i just dont seem to have any thing left. Instead of this situation giving me the motivation to do what ever it takes .. theres just nothing there, no spirit, no passion, no nothing.

Admittedly, im in a depressed mood tonight which is why im talking this way, but no matter what my banter is and what i would usually admit, the facts are the same, im fucked.

hey tommy. i am kind of in a similar state to you in terms of security right now, i still have savings to live off buts its getting to a stage where its either i get some luck and things fall into place or im in a bit of a pickle! to say the least, and that would be sleeping in my car until im back into a full time form of employment, admittadley ive only just finished my university course, my parents want me out soon because they want to retire in peace, which i understand but it gives me little time to sort my life out.

Budget as much as you can, sell items your not attatched to on ebay, look rapidly for any form of employment, even if its stacking shelves at night in a supermarket, forget about the anxiety, your security is the priority goal for you right now, apply for every around your location even if its NOT an APPEALING choice of job, it doesnt matter because you can always leave once your back on your feet.

hang in there, and try to distract yourself from reality, that could mean spending time pursuing new hobbies, join a club, something to take your mind off the daily grind, your not alone on this at all.

tommydog

Thanks guys.

Im feeling better today.

The facts are the same, but the difference is if im completely in the dumps depressed i cant think or do anything, today atleast iv been thinking trying to figure something out.

I cant go on welfare, i have been banned from it. Thanks for all the advice i have taken it all onboard. No, i dont really have anyone for support. My mother has her own problems atm, rest of my family has had enough of my behaviour they dont understand .. or maybe they do and just dont accept it i dunno. I do have 2 close friends that i talk to, but only to an extent.

Anti depressants dont seem to work for me, i have tried them before. The quack told me something about trying a different family of meds or something, i never did it because i was so frustrated with it all not working. Maybe i should look into again.

Today i came up with some ideas for money. I have to get through the weekend somehow .. then on Monday ill go and see a few people. Iv got the depression holding me back aswell, and when i have depression issues the old anxiety demon creeps up on me aswell so its a double whammy lifes a bitch isnt it :lol:

I cant see a way to save the car. I have a friend who lives 7 hours up north, she has wanted me to go and see her for ages .. guess i'll do that in the next 17 days while i still have my car, have some fun and go out with a bang :lol:

Thanks again everyone

Cheers
Tommy

IceLad

tommy, its been a few weeks since your last post.

I hope you're now okay and have managed to sort your problems out.

maggie

IceLad said:
tommy, its been a few weeks since your last post.

I hope you're now okay and have managed to sort your problems out.
me too..hope all is well tommy.