Feeling of Social Defeat

SocialRetahd

I don't know if anyone else is aware of this, but a single social defeat can alter your brain chemistry, hormone levels, and even weaken immune system.

Your brain also makes sure you never put yourself in another situation to fail by growing the adrenaline gland so that large amounts of cortisol are released preventing you from being calm in a social environment.

MAYBE THE KEY TO SOCIAL PHOBIA IS TAKING CONTROL OF THE FLIGHT OR FLIGHT MECHANISM?

dottie

yep my fight or flight mechanism feels out of control. that is why i am so avoidant. people greet me and i will say a couple of words which before i even finish i begin to walk away because i am simply too afraid. i just want to FLEE and GTFO of there rather than carry on small talk which feels so awkward and scary. this is so not normal. my instinct is to panic or flee since fighting isn't an option, obviously. i don't want to panic in front of the person which usually consists of stuttering, fumbling over words, trying to think of something to say (instead of which i usually blurt out something generic and cheesey, which is not what i would intend to say if i had any semblence of self control at that moment), cheesily smiling, and blushing. just conversing with someone can feel so humiliating. and i deal with it every. single. day. over. and. over. hundreds. of. times. a. day. it does not get better. i just come across like the world's biggest douchebag.

every social interaction feels like a confrontation, too. it's awful. i cope with it... not very well, but i get by because in this world i have no other choice. it's tough. i wish i could turn normal. that would be awesome.

MikeM

Same thing here, i think this happens to almost everyone. if you are comfortable with the people you are around you will be much more likely to carry out long conversations, if you are around alot of people you do not know or are not comfortable with, there will be anxiety.

ConcluSION: make all the friends you can and kkeep making more, then you will always be around people you are comfortable with :)