feeling like you want a relationship ,to feeling like you'd rather be alone?

knowledgeofself

I seem to flit between the two, I get fed up and miserable after spending time trying to date and think maybe it might be better if i'm alone all my life. then someone takes my interest and my thoughts change and I start thinking how I might be able to do it.I have this feeling when it comes to the thought of having a family.and I'm getting these same feelings in regards to friendships too now, like I am thinking maybe I could live without friends rather than thinking that I am going to meet some new ones one day.
the main thing that worries me about never being in a relationship is the lack of basic human needs, like intimacy.

Eristelle

I felt that way before, but I just can't have a relationship. It's not something I'd like very much. Intimacy, not so much either. I'm like a robot. Anyone who tried to show me they care would get offended by my standing there, doing nothing. There are times when I would like one, and to have friends as well. Unfortunately I hate myself to no end so it's impossible to find a relationship. I'll just assume that being with someone will make me love myself and feel worthy. It's not good to rely on other people to make you happy. As crushing as loneliness is, I'm better off alone. I'm also extremely oblivious, so I'd never know if someone actually took interest in me. xD

MikeyC

I seem to flit between the two, I get fed up and miserable after spending time trying to date and think maybe it might be better if i'm alone all my life. then someone takes my interest and my thoughts change and I start thinking how I might be able to do it.I have this feeling when it comes to the thought of having a family.and I'm getting these same feelings in regards to friendships too now, like I am thinking maybe I could live without friends rather than thinking that I am going to meet some new ones one day.
the main thing that worries me about never being in a relationship is the lack of basic human needs, like intimacy.
This sounds like you do want a relationship, deep down, but there's some barriers in the way, like anxiety or depression or something that's sabotaging you. Maybe you haven't found the right girl yet. Who knows.

As it is, I ebb and flow between those two feelings, as well.