Feeling empty... :-/

dixiegirl

I've noticed lately that I don't get much pleasure out of life. I don't enjoy doing anything for fun. I just don't care about anything. I don't even feel like eating most days. I put a fake smile on but really I'm so sad and feel so alone. I tend to only really enjoy life when I have a boyfriend and I just broke up with mine, so I'm not sure what to do. What's worse is I think my OCD warped my mind enough during our relationship to eventually lead to it's end. It's been a month since our break up and I don't see any peace or happiness coming anytime soon. I keep reliving the happy times with him and get upset that it had to end. I've tried to reach out to him but it's obvious that he's trying to move on. I don't like feeling sorry for myself but I don't know what to do anymore.

...just looking for advice on how to cope...

mesc000

These things take time, especially when you were with someone that meant a lot to you. No matter how cliched it sounds you will feel better soon. It's literally about changing the way you think day to day about yourself and things around you

.... I'm kind of in the same boat as you, except I was in love with someone that really just used me. I felt so hurt and alone that I fell into a depression for a while. Honestly, I repeat over and over to myself that I am better than this and that there are good things in the world. It's all about your mindset and the people you surround yourself with.

Sometimes people get so consumed in their own internal world that they miss a lot of whats out there, whether it's another person who may be attracted or interested in us, or friends and other loved ones that want to reach out. I'm trying to reach out to those people and in that way I can slide out of that sadness.

And you're definitely not alone in this. I wish you all the best.

FOR REAL

Banned
when i first told my mum about not feeling anything, not enjoying anything and couldnt care about anything, she was baffled.
then later she experienced it herself, she said something like - for the first time in my life i know how you feel.
its like the stuff you would normally find interesting is boring

it will pass though
i wish you all the best too :)

dixiegirl

.... I'm kind of in the same boat as you, except I was in love with someone that really just used me. I felt so hurt and alone that I fell into a depression for a while. Honestly, I repeat over and over to myself that I am better than this and that there are good things in the world. It's all about your mindset and the people you surround yourself with.

Thanks for the response. It's comforting to know I'm not alone. My first serious boyfriend used me too. It took me a good 2 years to get over him. I'm sort of glad now that I went through such a terrible relationship because it has made me a stronger person and I know what I do and don't deserve. We are both better than this!

It's just really hard because my recent ex is a lot like me. But I quickly realized our levels of commitment were not the same. I think he ended up taking me for granted. I would have done anything for him but it took all my efforts to get him to notice me. But then again, my ROCD made me so doubtful from the get go if he was ever even interested in me, so I may have imagined some of it. I just wish I could know if he even misses me.

It's just plain old hard...but thanks for the warm wishes.

Last edited:

iamthenra

I've noticed lately that I don't get much pleasure out of life. I don't enjoy doing anything for fun. I just don't care about anything. I don't even feel like eating most days. I put a fake smile on but really I'm so sad and feel so alone. I tend to only really enjoy life when I have a boyfriend and I just broke up with mine, so I'm not sure what to do. What's worse is I think my OCD warped my mind enough during our relationship to eventually lead to it's end. It's been a month since our break up and I don't see any peace or happiness coming anytime soon. I keep reliving the happy times with him and get upset that it had to end. I've tried to reach out to him but it's obvious that he's trying to move on. I don't like feeling sorry for myself but I don't know what to do anymore.

...just looking for advice on how to cope...

I am so sorry you feel this way. I too feel that way, but I am not getting over someone else. For me, I know it's depression, and it sounds like you too. I am sorry I don't have any good advice for you on getting over a lost love, because I have never been in a relationship before. All I know is what helps me, is to immerse myself into some project. Something to distract yourself from what you are obsessing about. For me, I obsess over wanting a wife... So I try my best to forget it with some activity some diversion... Like gardening, or a puzzle, or boating etc... Even a long walk is good too.. Those are things that seem to help me out of a "funk" when I am really down. Oh, almost forgot. If you have any relatives that have kids, they usually pick me up. I have a niece and nephew ages 3 and 5 and they always bring a smile to my face no matter how depressed I am.

I hope this helps! I hope you feel better real soon!
3759937533_8b714b45a9_o.gif