feel like not going

Hi,

My parents are going outside seeing some events.
Like throwing eggs etc. ( It's easter )
But I think there would be alot of people..
So I don't feel like going..
Also they are going to the zoo, and yesterday I been there, but I totally didn't feel comfortable. ::(:
I think I stay home now.. But I feel kind of sad about it.
I don't understand what makes me so uncomfortable..
I wish I could just enjoy like they do.
But I can't.

What would you do when you would have been in my situation?

...What would you do when you would have been in my situation?
Force yourself to go out. Try to think in a positive sense. Maybe you
will get to know an interesting person or meet your future lover.
I have to often sat at home because I did not feel comfortable and then
I think that I missed out now that I look back at it and am still sitting indoors.
You are still young make the change now, it just gets harder when you get
older.

Good luck!

Damaged

I would go out and push myself to do it. Thinking positive helps a lot, and distracting yourself if you think your gonna feel uncomfortable so that its pushes them all thoughts to the back of your head etc like listening to music or even texting someone?

I also love the zoo very much, so a second trip would be awesome haha :D

jbeenthere

go if you really want to but know that being uncomfortable is OK - it's who you are right now, part of your condition. see if you can put a number on it with 10 being the absolute need to run back to the car and hide in the trunk and 1 being like you're on E and want to hug everyone you see. you will hopefully be somewhere in the middle. don't try and suppress these feelings but just let it happen and accept that this is just your current condition. imagine you have allergies to pollen and you are going to a flower cutting contest - you would expect to have blow your nose once or twice. just try and get a sense of what the people around you are feeling and follow along. then come home and take a nap. you will have deserved it.

jamez

Force yourself to go out. Try to think in a positive sense. Maybe you
will get to know an interesting person or meet your future lover.
I have to often sat at home because I did not feel comfortable and then
I think that I missed out now that I look back at it and am still sitting indoors.
You are still young make the change now, it just gets harder when you get
older.

Good luck!

Good advice right here and this goes for any situation.

Push yourself to do everything that seems uncomfortable. This way you don't give in to your fears/anxiety and you also don't end up regretting anything.