Feel depressed most days now

dannyboy65

3 weeks ago I was diagnosed with gout. It's an arthritis in your big toe. I'm 19 and I was diagnosed when most people are 40 or so when they are diagnosed.

It makes me feel gross, I always think about it and worry. I started eating a lot healthier, but I just keep thinking I can't do what everyone else is able to do now. For instance have a beer, or a soda pop, or eat big portions of meat.

I am eating healthier which is good, I just wish I didn't have to start because of gout... I'm sick and tired of gout, I just wish I could get rid of it somehow. I only had the one attack and believe me it does not feel good. I don't get how I got it either though, I'm not obese or older, I don't eat red meat. What I think started it was my soda drinking. I would drink only soda and I guess that's what triggered it.

I feel so pathetic for having it, and I know it was my fault. I let myself be unhealthy and now I'm paying for it...

Diend

i actually look forward to living the way my body was designed to. free of alcohol, smoke, and junk food. you are the same human being as your caveman ancestors. see how they lived and what they ate.

dannyboy65

i actually look forward to living the way my body was designed to. free of alcohol, smoke, and junk food. you are the same human being as your caveman ancestors. see how they lived and what they ate.

True, it's mostly cause I feel guilty for letting it get that bad.