Fear of semen and sperm being everywhere. Please help!

New User

I've never been checked by a doctor to see if i have OCD. But i really think i have it. I guess it all started when i thought semen was on the toilet seat and someone would get pregnant or somethin. Then idk i guess i thought i didnt wash my hands or got semen somewhere in my room or something. So everytime i masturbated and had semen on my hands i touched it anyway because i was like "oh this has semen on it already i'll wash it later" but i guess it spread. Like my laptop, i know it has to have semen on it because i masturbate then touch it with semen cause i thought i did that before. I've washed my laptop so many times. I've had to get the keyboard replaced twice. I've had to lie to my family and tell them it's because of "germs" and not "semen". Everytime i touch something where i think semen has been before i wash my hands. My laptop, i only use when i masturbate. Then i shower or wash my hands and stuff. But i know semen has touched these places cause i remember some, and i don't know what to do! I can't wash everything. My doorknobs, doors, xbox, games, laptop, chairs, beds, floor, desks, walls, everything i think has semen and some i;m forsure they do! This has ruined my life for a long time. My hands are so red from washing all the time and have cuts and are wrinkley, i want it all to stop. What do i do! someone help..

mads

I think you should call your doctor tomorrow as soon as you can to get an appointment and to start the treatment.

There are people here who knows much more about OCD than I do but to me it really sounds like that you have it.

Good luck:)

Noca

Banned
Maybe try holding it in? Iunno, sounds like you got OCD. Im not an expert in treating the disorder but I hope to be once I am done college in 9-10 years.

OCDavid

Sounds like OCD to me. I once had a fear about semen, though in this case I think it was due to ignorance. My mother got pregnant accidentally in middle age and miscarried. The thought came in to my mind that maybe in the washing machine some semen from my clothing got on her clothing, thereby impregnating her. I figured a miscarriage would be more likely from in-breeding. I have a thing against incest, and the idea that I might be responsible for the pregnancy scared me. I started cleaning myself better to minimize risk. After a while I brought up the issue about sperm in washing machines and was told it gets killed in the wash and wouldn't cause pregnancy. I was happy to hear that.

O

ocdipus

I have the same problem.And I´m getting treatment for OCD. I cried like a baby when I finally told my parents that the reson for my crazy hand washing was sperm. But you have to tell someone and not keep it for yourself, which I did for far too long.

Well, it's hard to get impregnated even while doing actual sex. I heard somewhere that it's like 2% or maybe slightly more. Secondly, the wash should kill the sperms. Thirdly, I remember reading somewhere that even under the best natural conditions, the sperm cannot live for more than a day or two.

OCD!! make an appointment! u think ur gonna impregnant somebody, my brother thought he would give a disease to somebody... I feared of getting diseases... but there is help.. and it can be p[artially beat.. to the measure of not controlling ur life, just being a little part :D

LadyWench

I've never been checked by a doctor to see if i have OCD. But i really think i have it. I guess it all started when i thought semen was on the toilet seat and someone would get pregnant or somethin. Then idk i guess i thought i didnt wash my hands or got semen somewhere in my room or something. So everytime i masturbated and had semen on my hands i touched it anyway because i was like "oh this has semen on it already i'll wash it later" but i guess it spread. Like my laptop, i know it has to have semen on it because i masturbate then touch it with semen cause i thought i did that before. I've washed my laptop so many times. I've had to get the keyboard replaced twice. I've had to lie to my family and tell them it's because of "germs" and not "semen". Everytime i touch something where i think semen has been before i wash my hands. My laptop, i only use when i masturbate. Then i shower or wash my hands and stuff. But i know semen has touched these places cause i remember some, and i don't know what to do! I can't wash everything. My doorknobs, doors, xbox, games, laptop, chairs, beds, floor, desks, walls, everything i think has semen and some i;m forsure they do! This has ruined my life for a long time. My hands are so red from washing all the time and have cuts and are wrinkley, i want it all to stop. What do i do! someone help..

That definitely sounds like OCD to me. I have a similar issue, except I'm female. I've also been diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder. My issue with semen is even though I'm still a virgin, I worry that if I get semen anywhere near me, I'll somehow become pregnant. (I'm in a relationship, and we do "things", but it's because of my fears and OCD that we haven't had actual sex yet. He's very understanding of this, though.)

Logically, I know it's ridiculous. I know I can't become pregnant just by semen being in my presence. I know that being impregnated from dry-humping is also impossible. However, that doesn't stop the fears and constant worrying. I obsess over it. I'm nearly 21 years old, and still have yet to experience real intimacy because of this crap.

I would suggest talking to your therapist (if you have one. If not, find one), and discuss this with them. There might be ways for them to help you and to accept that this bodily fluid of yours isn't dangerous or harmful in any way. Good luck. And sorry about my ranting, heh.

im ocd and i have a fear of sperm ..i seem to think the lil guys are as tough as little special angents and are out to impregnate me...metaphorically speaking..

New User

thanks for the advice guys. should i tell my parents the real reason? i don't want them to think weird of me. because i told them not to touch certain things and they did anyway cause there like "it's nothing germs are everywhere" but it was accually sperm. i just didn't say because..yeah. they touched everything and im like omg -.-. they might get mad at me or think differently for not telling them what there really touching. so should i?

Noca

Banned
thanks for the advice guys. should i tell my parents the real reason? i don't want them to think weird of me. because i told them not to touch certain things and they did anyway cause there like "it's nothing germs are everywhere" but it was accually sperm. i just didn't say because..yeah. they touched everything and im like omg -.-. they might get mad at me or think differently for not telling them what there really touching. so should i?

I wouldnt tell them lol

hidingfromtheworld

Therre is no need to reveal to your parents that they were actually touching semen. it could 'weird them out'. I would say that if its driving you 'crazy' [ and you say it is] , you should get a mild med with few side effects. It could work wonders for you and you could begin to move forward. I would not delay seeking treatment . Good Luck.

New User

Yeah I'm not going to tell them lol, and nah I'm not ganna take pills. That's too far for me. Don't want to do that stuff :p But thanks for the advice Noca and hidingfromtheworld.

Noca

Banned
Yeah I'm not going to tell them lol, and nah I'm not ganna take pills. That's too far for me. Don't want to do that stuff :p But thanks for the advice Noca and hidingfromtheworld.

I dont suggest pills for your problem but I do suggest psychotherapy as well as CBT. I believe that will really help you out to get this off your back to get some help for it too. Telling your parents is counterproductive as they wont be able to help you.