Fear of Rejection and How to Overcome it

Nazim

Banned
Alright, new video for you guys
"How to overcome Fear of Rejection"
Been getting a lot of emails on the matter of Rejection and Fear, so hope you will enjoy it
Feel free to ask any questions.
Visit: beatsocialanxiety.net and feel free to join the newsletter
Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMEsRi0jPFA

Metal_isthe_Answer

He brings up some good points, my issue is that if you only have experience with rejection, over years upon years, how do you not take it personally? To me it seems like being told, there is nothing for you. But that's just me I suppose

Missing

Dat accent. :inlove:

I think all the points are good points. I think if you take it as an exercise, rather than taking it "Ok I'm cured now!" it could really help. Some days the rejection might be more painful. But you can sit back and go through the points he said. "I shouldn't take it personal. It just wasn't meant to be." "Is this going to define me? No. So let's try to forget it."

Obviously change takes work, but I do agree with these points. I recently (ok, not so recently, but was still being affected by it) had some problems with a girl at a party I was dragged to. She acted kind, but later ended up making fun of me on ~Facebook~. When I heard "Will it define or change who you are? No." It hit me. Just because she said rude things and in a sense, rejected me, it didn't change who I am. And I won't let it. She doesn't have more power over me to decide I'm not worthy of being accepted. And her opinion of me isn't the same for the rest of the world.

I think it truly takes a million "you're pretty/handsome" to erase one "you're ugly". But I think if we can keep these points mentioned in mind and not give the power away to others, that million can start to go down and we can try to get over the negative things faster.

Nice food for thought. ^-^

Last edited:

Nazim

Banned
He brings up some good points, my issue is that if you only have experience with rejection, over years upon years, how do you not take it personally? To me it seems like being told, there is nothing for you. But that's just me I suppose

Like I said before, I may go out and get rejected 20+ times and it all comes down to knowing WHO YOU ARE. If you are acting through your own intent, If you are knowing what YOU WORTH, If you are living a life in alignment with your value, Rejection shouldn't be Personal.

It is a skill you have to develop over time by exercising it over and over.

Nazim

Banned
Dat accent. :inlove:

I think all the points are good points. I think if you take it as an exercise, rather than taking it "Ok I'm cured now!" it could really help. Some days the rejection might be more painful. But you can sit back and go through the points he said. "I shouldn't take it personal. It just wasn't meant to be." "Is this going to define me? No. So let's try to forget it."

Obviously change takes work, but I do agree with these points. I recently (ok, not so recently, but was still being affected by it) had some problems with a girl at a party I was dragged to. She acted kind, but later ended up making fun of me on ~Facebook~. When I heard "Will it define or change who you are? No." It hit me. Just because she said rude things and in a sense, rejected me, it didn't change who I am. And I won't let it. She doesn't have more power over me to decide I'm not worthy of being accepted. And her opinion of me isn't the same for the rest of the world.

I think it truly takes a million "you're pretty/handsome" to erase one "you're ugly". But I think if we can keep these points mentioned in mind and not give the power away to others, that million can start to go down and we can try to get over the negative things faster.

Nice food for thought. ^-^

Haha thanks :bigsmile:

"not give the power away to others" I can clrearly see that you have understood the points made :)

And I do agree it takes one bad thing to erase hundred of good ones but here is another great exercise you should try.

No matter what people tell you...whether it is a compliment or something offensive you just BLOCK IT.
It means not only blocking the bad things but also nice things.
So for example if somebody tells you "Hey you look great today"...you of course thank him for a compliment but in your head you think "I am greatflul for a compliment but it really means nothing to me BECAUSE I know who I am, I know that I am great looking and what is the most important I POSSES VALUE (which is not just looks btw)". :)