Favorite non-american dishes

sevenroses

What are some of your favorite non-american recipes or dish? Sometimes I feel like ordering and what not and it would be nice to try out different things :)

AGR

Avocado Shrimp Sushi,there is a sushiya here at about 5 minutes by car,its been a while since I went there.
:-D
draft_lens8149981module69875831photo_1258894257ebi_abocado.jpg

Tenpura Shrimp
draft_lens8149981module70933221photo_1259667541.jpg

The misoshiro from there is great too!
yoshi-misso.jpg

curry udon
curry-udon.jpg

Tiercel

Hopefully we'll be having some leftover bratwursts with sauerkraut and mustard for dinner tonight. I love the taste of brats, but the fat in each one keeps me from devouring them more than once or twice a year.

Speaking of sausage, I'm also fond of sweet Italian sausage with Asiago (stinky) cheese, tomato sauce, and a little oregano. I doubt that's an actual dish, though. Maybe I should give it a fancy name. Too bad the extent of my Italian is the little bit of Latin I remember from high school.

Something else I like (and can never convince anyone else to try) is breaded chicken cutlets drizzled with honey and topped with thyme. But dried thyme is like chewing on a bunch of little sticks, and as of yet I haven't had the foresight to prepare the honey and thyme ahead of time. Once I mixed in some black pepper and cardamom as well, but I never experimented any further.