Favorite movies? And why?

young

no just the concept that the whole thing could of been real. Just imaging going thru that would be insane.

whatawaster

I love films :D Some of my favourites are the silent comedies by Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton.

- The Gold Rush (Charlie chaplin)
- Sherlock Jr. (Buster Keaton - he is so cool. You have got to see this movie, it has amazing effects for 1924)
- Rushmore
- The 400 Blows
- Edward scissorhands
- The night of the Hunter
- Evil Dead 1&2

riverbelow

almost famous - "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." i love that quote. this is my FAVORITE movie.

bandits - its hilarious, billy bob thornton is great in this.

bonnie and clyde- because i love faye dunaway.

donnie darko - it makes you seriously stop and think.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind - jim carrey is really good in this movie.

the fifth element - its not one of those stupid "way out there" movies and it doesnt take itself too seriously

freeway - so funny. reese witherspoon's best performance, although she was great in walk the line.

house of 1000 corpses - my favorite horror movie, i fell in love with the firefly family. i know its crazy.

natural born killers - i love juliette lewis. a trippy movie.

pulp fiction - because it has everything.

reality bites - i can relate to each of the characters.

saved!- because it has a great message.

this is spinal tap - lol hilarious.

true romance - brad pitt's best character. " hey bring back some beer... and some cleaning products!"

the upside of anger - not your average chick flick, happy ending movie. things arent as they appear.

the virgin suicides - i really dont know

waking up in reno - the funniest movie ive ever seen.

Mary

I just saw a movie which may possibly be one of my all time favorites. It is called, "The end of the spear" and is based on a true story of some christian missionaries who went into the jungle and tried to evangelize some of the natives who were famous for being ruthless killer's..and well I don't want to give the story away or ruin it for anyone. But it made me laugh, it made me cry.. :cry: It inspired and motivated me..But mostly I was impressed w/how these misionaries truly demonstrated the nature of Jesus Christ and how lives were changed because of it. It is a faboulous movie, I plan to buy it and give it as gifts to people. If you get a chance, rent it, buy it, go see it!! 8O :D

IceLad

I like the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies. They allow me to escape from the real world and into a fantasy land.

OG

1.Scarface-nothin lik seein a cuban refugee go rags to riches
2.A Beautiful Mind - i awayls wondered if some/all of the people in my life arent real and im really a nut job in a livin in a abadon house n instead of crackin fbi codes i type on the comp
3.i dunno

robbied84

Lord of the Rings - just fantastic!
Halloween - very scary and i love it and the sequles
Stuart Little 2 - my favourite kids film,its cute
Rat Race - very funny
Beauty & the Beast - fave Disney
Kill Bill - coolness!
Donnie Darko

Mary

Yes Lord of the rings was great! Especially the last one I thought was the best of the movies. But that Gollum is just a bit too freaky for me..lol!

lifes_to_long

fear and loathing in las vegas: all time greatest...drugs, alot of tripin' and fucking joke.

spirited away:loved it loved it loved it..crazy animation..some guys dream aparently

requiem for a dream:quite depressing but nice and arty justhow i like it

peace
p.s (nice forum, given me some cool ideas about the films i wanna see again)