Faded Negatives - this_portrait's Journal

this_portrait

My anxiety was challenged big time last night. Recently I decided to get involved with the campus newspaper, contributing as a photographer, writer, and designer. I'm in it more for the photography and design, but I figure some writing would be essential (possibly an article once a week or once every other week).

My first article got into today's paper, but the process of getting it there wasn't easy. Writing was all right, but gathering opinions from business professors and students was the hard part. Calling the profs wasn't so anxiety-provoking, but having to walk up to random students in one of the business school buildings nearly made me a nervous wreck. How I managed to push through it, I will never know. I'd say it was worth it, because I'm proud that I got my first news article published.

My new part-time job is actually the ideal: little social interaction, but I'm moving around a lot and not constantly stuck at a desk. I have to pull requested books from the library shelves and bring them down to the circulation desk. There are other tasks, but that's the gist of the job. So far it's only two days a week for three hours each day, but chances are I'll get more days since I have open availability.

I'd like to write more here, but I'm getting tired.

MikeyC

Wow, that is one hell of a thing to ask random people on campus for opinions! I would be avoiding that altogether and resigning from the paper.

Sounds like a great job. Keep it up. :)