Exercise

Avarak

I've found through experience that exercising can elevate your mood. When I'm finished exercising I always feel better about myself and I just seem happier.

I'd recommend that you try making an exercise routine, you don't need weights and don't need to go to the gym. For upper Body you can do Push-ups in many different ways for instance the normal push-up, the close hand push-up, wide arm push-up, and staggard hand push-ups, you can evel elevate your feet on a chair to make it more intense.

You can also do Military Presses and Overhead arm claps with no weights, this will actually burn more than you think it will.

"Cobras" as one of my Sargeants called them are like pushups, except you lay completly flat on the floor on your sthomic and use your arms to push only the upper half of your body off the floor, the faster I do these the more it burns in my shoulders. The more you bring your arms in closer to your body the harder they get.

For Lower Body/Abs there's of course crunches and sit-ups, but also buying a medicine ball and doing russian twists can help a lot too.

Try exercising for about 30-40 minutes and see how you feel afterwards.

Shift

I always feel better when I exercise too.

(But sometimes it's hard to be motivated to do so when I'm depressed and have no energy or interest to do anything...)

Excercising releases endorphins in the brain that has a positive effect on mood. I excercise everyday and I always feel good before and after a workout. My routine is probably the only positive thing in my life lol FYI: military 8 counts are great for men but women too if they're afraid of becoming really muscular.it's more cardio than anything. ;)

dooby-duck

Exercise is probably the thing that has helped me the most. I started off using my home Gym, doing weights and stuff with 45 minutes on the rowing machine every other day. Using machines eventually made me anxious when I was using them and I couldn't control the racing thoughts. I started cycling 12 miles a night and find it much better. I have the scenery to distract me and I can think without becooming anxious. The only problem is other people.

If I can muster the energy, I like doing aerobics because it gives the whole body a workout. I also need to listen to music when I exercise, as this combined with the exercise cheers me up even more.

Luke1993

You can start off by doing them on your knees and work your way up. Military presses with no weights are also good for beginners.

Yes I am going to the gym now regularly and am going on the fixed weight machines and stuff my brother is helping me and hopefully one day I will be able to do proper push ups!

yomisma19

I agree with you! Sometimes if you are depressed so much, you can't do anything and the antidepressants are valid. but when u feel a bit better, just a bit, it's the moment to start with the exercise.
I'm doing exercise with Wii. I'm doing aerobic exercise during 30 min. It is good for me cause I haven't to go out, (i couldn't do excercise out).
beneficts (based on my experienced and what i have read about):

-it releases endorfines, the hapyness hormone which is released when you smile, when you feel good... if our problems can't let us do it...do exercise
-it controls the intestines
-it increases the optimism, which can help us to look for solutions for our lives, for example.
-it clears one's head.

if you feel depressed and if you have a minimal strenght, i recommend doing exercise 30 min each day

((sorry about my english))

206Raider

I agree with this, when you exercise you feel much better. Just, its hard to get motivated to do it though sometimes. I was going to join a boxing class and still might but just have to force myself to.