Exercise

xlisax

OK, so I have suffered with hyperhidrosis for as long as I can remember. It mainly effects my face, however it is also quite generalized too.
I have tried many medications, including propranlol, probanthine, beta blockers just to name a few. I have also tried odaban and driclor, however none have worked for me or have irritated my skin so much I have had to stop using them. So bringing this back to the title, I have just got a new job as an au pair, in which I have to walk their dog 2 times a day for an hour. As any of you know out there exercise and hyperhidrosis are not the best mix. So my question is does anyone have any tips or anything else that could help as Im fed up of having wet through hair, face and clothing, well even more so than usual!

Thanks!

JJ1901

Wow you have tried a lot! Sorry I can't help, just wanted to let you know I'm in the same boat. Driclor worked well for me, but the irritation was insane, I couldn't sleep!

Hope you find a solution.

BlauweEngel

talk to a doctor, if that don't do anything, try baby powder. If that don't do anything, learning to ignore it by not thinking about the wetness is probably the only option. One if them out of mind out of existence things. (sorry if it's not much help /_\)

xlisax

Thanks for the replies, jj1901 in away its comforting that theres so many people in the same posistion as me, however not so much seeing as most people have not found anything that works. Yes driclor stung like hell, and my face is sensitive so odaban is a no no.
Blauweengel, I have been going to the doctors for as long as I can remember, getting sent to different hospitals for different treatments but nothing has helped. I tried baby powder before which worked for like the first 10 minutes, but its better than nothing.

margiehope

Have you tried any version of glycopyrrolate? (Robinul, Avert)

It's been helpful to many people on this site--maybe you could check some of the threads.

It is a med, but doesn't pass through the blood-brain barrier.

Don't know how available it is in the U.K., but someone else here should know.

xlisax

Hi Margiehope, no I don't think I have tried glycopyrrolate, so I will have a look at the other threads on it. Thanks!