Exercise?

forensic44

So, I have orienteering every friday instead of P.E. for school.

I am really nervous about it, and I might get a waver or something.

For some reason, I hate to exercise in front of people. I always feel like I am going to die before I go to P.E. I like to exercise, but hate to do it in front of people.

Does anyone feel the same way?

:?

chris87

I don't like exercising in front of people either. In high school gym class, we always used to have do this fitness testing, or some other embarrassing activity. I used to hate when the gym teacher would call us up one by one to do pull ups or the high jump with the rest of the class watching. I'm not even a bad athlete...I just don't like other people watching me.

typewriterx

Same. Is it required to graduate? In our school, physical education is required to graduate.
Ugh. &also, I've started taking up running,
but I have to do it at night, and when cars drive by, I stop running
&act like I am changing the song on my iPOD.
Wow; That made me sound hella lame.
Oh well.

dottie

are you in high school? p.e. in high school is awful. it's like hearding of cows & the social heirarchy becomes very evident. p.e. in college isn't so bad! you have many options of different classes to take- like aerobics, ballet, weight training, step, kickboxing, karate, etc. since no one really knows anyone in college you just go in and do your thing. you aren't expected to interact unless you take one of those general p.e. classes or a team sport like basketball. i admit i experience social anxiety during class but i just focus on the exercises. plus exercise is good for your anxiety- especially cardio! so keep it up! do it as a gift for yourself.

what is orienteering?