Exercise

kyle

Banned
I find athletics, especially swimming, weight training, etc can help alleviate mild depression, and can help anxiety. However, the hardest part of this is taking the first step. Right now I haven't belonged to a gym for the last 3 months. I need to get back into the routine of working out. My mood will improve and so will my confidence.

Has working out and excercising been beneficial to anyone else on the forum?

jus

i started eating healthy and working out about 5 days ago. Im not fat, but a tiny bit plump and want to look all muscular :p
I've done it every day so far.. normaly i get bored by day 2, but now im realy trying to change my body and health :) It was wierd my mind just snapped and wanted to change.

Evan though theres obviously no big changes just yet in 4 days but i feel sooooooooo good about myself now :)

IceLad

I find exercise to be really effective in producing a short-term boost in my mood level.

maggie

kyle said:
I find athletics, especially swimming, weight training, etc can help alleviate mild depression, and can help anxiety. However, the hardest part of this is taking the first step. Right now I haven't belonged to a gym for the last 3 months. I need to get back into the routine of working out. My mood will improve and so will my confidence.

Has working out and excercising been beneficial to anyone else on the forum?
it's been beneficial for me...for energy, better self-esteem and health..and also my anxiety. I agree that taking the first step is the hardest part. You just need a routine that works for you..and work out at a time of day that suits you best, and believe me, it becomes quite addictive :wink:

I completely agree that regular exercise, if you have the enough self-discipline to continue, makes people happier, and I suppose it would help the thoughts about social anxirty go away as well.

eR1k

I love to exercise I've been at it for 2 months now. The combination of excercising 3 times a week + healthy foods makes all the difference. When I need to get thing sortened out in my mind, I notice things to fall into place after a good work out. And ofcourse getting stronger and an athletic body doesn't hurt either. I think the best benefit for me personally is the way higher levels of testosteron, it gives me focus and an agressive positive edge. Makes you feel like a strong Alpha Male.

ThatGuy

Well, since I've been exercising (about four years now) my anxiety has decreased by well over half, my facial blushing problem has almost gone (may blush about once a month as opposed to everyday before), my depression is pretty much gone.

I will admit though, it took a good six months of exercising hard and regular (five days a week) before I really noticed a difference.

I first started exercising gently, but found it did nothing to be honest so I upped the tempo and really pushed myself and that's when the changes happen.

You need a good diet aswell though.