Ever feel light-headed, dizzy, or faint after a really bad panic attack?

It's scary. I don't have the ordinary panic attacks, I have really bad
ones. The ones where you feel like your going to die, even though
thats not necessarily true. Sometimes I feel like i have to excuse
myself when I'm out with somewhere with my friends or family. Very
embarassing. But I don't wanna be like some of us, who are afraid to
leave the comfort of our home. I also be brave and try whenever my dad or
mom is going out, to go along the car ride with them. It has gotten better
but it still is there, which is bad, it can still happen anytime. That's
why sometimes I'm afraid to go to someplaces, worst, college. Always been
my dream to go to college, but right not, with my panic attacks, I am not
ready to go :( . So...what about you guys? Have you guys ever watched MTV's True Life: I panic..? One of them reminded me of me, when i'm at the restaurant with my family and have a panic attack.."Can we go home now, please,I'm having a panic attack..we need to go RIGHT NOW?" Atleast I might make it...I will be on klonopin 3 times a day now. Once a day helps alone, so 3times a day should help even more..I really don't care if I'm a walking zombie with all that klonopin...So, back to the question..ever feel dizzy, light-headed, or even faint after a panic attack..? My worst fear is waking up at the hospital..the hospital itself makes me panic, LOL.

-Cassie aka newbie

Remus

Staff member
It's scary. I don't have the ordinary panic attacks, I have really bad
ones. The ones where you feel like your going to die

Ordinary???? I wasn't aware there was anything milder!

to me panic attack is not the right description.

Terror Attack is more apt.

thank god exposure therapy worked for me is all I can say, my SA is nothing compared to my panic disorder in terms of fear

I wont tell you what my symptoms were or you will just imagine them yourself and have them (that's how PD works), I did end up in Accient and Emergency at the hospital a few times (and got sent home)

It is common to get in your 20's, going down the meds route to treat it is not the best way, ride the wave of panic, you soon find out it really is you doing it to yourself, it does amaze me how your mind can invent so many symptoms that seem so real though....scarey!

Last edited:

Coen12

i know exactly how you feel....restaurants and college are the worse places for me i always have to leave and get so embarressed....For me anyway i feel dizzy,lightheaded and faint all during my panic attacks...causing me to fall on the ground....very bad when it happens socially...
hmmm i should really watched MTV's True Life: I panic..?
its cool knowing some people have the same problems!
Best of luck.

Lorraine Manca

watch out what you take, especially if you have low blood pressure. Before i took pills, about once a month, my vision would go black and id lose my balance. After I took a ssri or whatever the combination of the letters is, it started happening round three times a day! doctor had given too much too soon. do what you thinks best, but id take half of whatever the doctor prescribes and increase it slow if you need it. and if your female, just think, your getting the same dose as men when you weigh 70 pounds less. im not a doctor, but that doesnt sound right.

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I've only had one panic attack recently. I lost it completely... breaking a glass and screaming at the top of my lungs on the ground for a minute or so and losing control of my body. I didn't know what was happening. Afterwards I was in a state of detachment and derealisation. Sometimes I feel detached when I'm just going about things normally... I think it's getting worse too.

FOR REAL

Banned
before i joined spw, i thought that i was the only one who had these attacks. i agree completely with remus, they are more like terror attacks.
i had a really bad 'episode' 4 or 5 nights ago, i felt like i was being attacked.
i can completely sympathise with flowers-of-bloom and everyone else who has these attacks, cause they are petrifying!

the dizziness is also constant with me even in my house, i have to say the only thing that really helps this is alcohol! i also realise that this is completely the wrong thing to do but being honest i will take anything that relieves (not cure) any of these symptomns

mimi1988

I've only had one panic attack recently. I lost it completely... breaking a glass and screaming at the top of my lungs on the ground for a minute or so and losing control of my body. I didn't know what was happening.

????????????????????????????????????
Sounds more like temporary insanity.
Then again, I could be wrong...

Wallis Avila

When I would have panic attacks I would start breathing irregularly. What really helped was breathing into a paper bag. I know it sounds cliche but basically when you start hyper-ventillating you are getting too much oxygen. Breathing into the paper bag forces you to slow down your breathing becasue you stop getting enough oxygen.I also had someone I could call no matter what time of night it was who could usually talk me down out of my panic.I also have medication (xanax) that I take when I start to feel a panic attack coming on