ever feel angry???

loloy

I was in a shopping centre this evening and I was more anxious than usual for some reason. Anyway this woman was passing me and she just stared at me for no reason... all of a sudden I felt this really intense anger and I really felt like saying 'what the hell are you looking at?' But I knew if I did id look like a total psycho. Does anyone ever get angry like this?

market.garden

Yeah it's perfectly natural. I get it all the time, probably more than I should, but some people are just sooo annoying!

loloy

I have to confess I did make a face at her as if to say 'yes do you want something??' and I sortof smirked at her but when I think about it the poor woman was probably thinking about what food to buy and staring into space - which happened to be in my direction lol.

loloy

yep i agree some people have no manners.. when im out my eyes seem to dart every where to see whos looking at me. I tried to stop this as when im just focussing on things rather than people I dont get as stressed. And the reason I look at people is to see if they 'guys' are admiring me so then i feel better. This weekend Im going out with friends and it will be the usual 'eyes darting to see who looking at me'. Im going to consciously stop this, i think at this stage its an addiction, and focus on things rather than people.

loloy

Not necessarily an addiction more like a habit. You trained yourself these defense mechanisms, the hard part is retraining yourself to take light of the situation. My eyes dart so fast I get cross eyed haha!

I know lol - i actually felt dizzy after shopping this evening - but i feel for me to get better is to actually stop looking at people and just concentrate on me and stop the eye darting.

loloy

You know what sometimes helps me? Just being immersed into what I am doing. Whether it be shopping (go psycho with picking clothes lol) or hanging out with friends (focus on them no one else)...just be immersed into whatever you are doing.

yes il try that - but it takes such immense effort and going back to being anxious and eye darting is easier than trying to focus on myself. But anything thats worth doing is never easy as they say :)

actually getting angry is good.. get angry at your life, at the fact that your scared of ppl and think : who the hell are they for me to be scared of them..

loloy

actually getting angry is good.. get angry at your life, at the fact that your scared of ppl and think : who the hell are they for me to be scared of them..

yeah i do this sometimes - why the hell should i be afraid of them!!!! And why do i let them make me feel this way. They are only people at the end of the day. Just like me. Not monsters who are out to get me lol.