Ever come across another social phobia person before on RL

Lotrsfan

Has anyone ever been somewhere, where there was someone who also suffered from the same problems as you - Social Phobia? (Hope i'm making sense lol)

Ok, like has anyone ever been in a class at school and realised there's another person in that class who (or you suspect because you can see her ways) suffers from Social Phobia like you?
Or a workplace?

I haven't. And i thought (before i found this site) that i was the only person in the whole world who suffered from this (Ok, i didn't know that my problem was called Social Phobia at first before i found out) and that there was no name for my problem and that's why i thought i was the only one because i haven't come across anyone else who suffers from Social Phobia. Not even at my schools i used to go too, or college (i went to for a while before i left because i couldn't stand it lol) or training places. I wish that whenever i go somewhere else that i will come across someone who has (or i suspect) suffers from Social Phobia then i would probably feel a little bit comfortable that i'm not the only one in that place who's got it and i think it would be interesting to watch (yeah i know poor thing LOL) how he/she reacts around people and copes and that.

So is there anyone out there who has come across someone who has Social Phobia like you in a place where you were. Or wish that you will someday come across someone who suffers from it so that you wouldn't feel left out or something?

Right now, the only people i've come across who suffer from social phobia is myself *g* and the people on here.

tommydog

sure does sounds corny Edith but still i nice story :D

I have met a few people, and it was very positive for me.

Apart from people i met in anxiety groups,

i have a friend who suffers anxiety, social phobia, paranoia, all that sort of thing. Its bad enough to be ruining his life, he admits theres something wrong, but he dosnt get full blown panic attack.

Unfortunalty his attitude is shocking, until he wakes up to himself and starts taking good advice, his going to continue to have these problems.

An ex girlfriend had it aswell. She was so genuine, so beautiful, and had an amazing attitude. She taught me a great deal, she was inspiring, and it was a pleasure to be part of each others lives.

I have also met a handful of others.

MadCat

The closest I've got is someone who was anti-social and thought she was sooo important and everyone else didn't matter. It was also the same person who claimed she had social phobia, but to be honest, all I saw was a selfish girl trying to excuse her self-centered behavior and *cough* another excuse for her drug addiction.

As for meeting somenoe in RL, would sure like to :/ Too many over-confident people in real life. I'm automatically considered backwards, because I act all shy and don't speak much around people...and pull funny grins at the same of my face like a kid.

Too bad I relapsed and back to my original self (hence why I'm back).

Anyway, just wanted to note that Edith, I know how you feel. I don't have any of those problems, but that's totally all part of the performance thing in social phobia. Outside of work environment you're looking into casual performance. OUCH!!! Some people suffer in formal, some suffer in non formal situations. Some even both (like me, I'm a pile of jelly in almost all situations except my bedroom when I'm alone).

Thanks for the story, was a really nice read.

Y

Ive got a very close friend who has SP, though weve never talked about it yet, i know he has it.

Other than that ive met a few more i think, but whats weird is that i cant seem to get along with them usually.

TAMPA-BAY

At first I thought that Ive never ran into a fellow Phobia but after I saw all those pic in the post your picture tread I was shocked at how normal all the users on this site look.