Eugh... drivers licence bureau

hippiechild

I've been putting off my driving test for a long time and I finally called to schedule one yesterday.
They took my name and proceeded to say "give me some social"
"what?! "
"yeah... could you give me your social" ...by which point I was too panicked to realize that they were referring to social security number.
When I finally realized what they wanted, I was so nervous that I actually forgot the number and went to get my wallet so that I could read it off the card.
The lady responds with "I can't wait for you to do that, don't waste our time," and hung up.

I called back, shaking so hard that I could hardly push the right buttons. She dismissed all of my suggested times of appointment with "we're never open at that time, Erik!"
finally I got something on tuesday...morning. She didn't give me any time to write it down or check my calender for other appointments that I might have.

Now I have a driving test on tuesday...at some time (I didn't have time to write that down before she hung up again) on the day that I have a doctor's appointment in the morning.
I'll have to at least call back to find out what time it is. I might have to reschedule it to another day... probably incurring the wrath of the Phone Lady.

God, I hate people's dependence on cars; I've been perfectly happy with walking, biking and jogging to wherever I need to be :x