Essay Interview

Angkorwat

Hey everyone, I have to write an interview for one of my classes and I need your opinions. The interview is 10 questions about Facebook. I may or may not use your responses. Please try to write at least one sentence for each question. Thanks!

What do you think of Facebook?

Roughly how many hours do you spend on Facebook daily?

Would you consider yourself addicted to Facebook?

If Facebook started charging a monthly fee, would you still use it?

Facebook just reached one billion users last year, does this amount of users change the way we communicate with each other?

Should there be an age limit? Why or why not?

Is Facebook too public?

Do you think Facebook creates unwanted feelings of jealousy/ hatred/ envy, etc towards other people?

Is cyberbullying on Facebook something to be concerned with?

Government spying on people through Facebook. True or conspiracy theory?

Edit: I won't use your profile names

Last edited:

jaim38

What do you think of Facebook?
I think Facebook is a waste of time.

Roughly how many hours do you spend on Facebook daily?
0, but sometimes 10 minutes max.

Would you consider yourself addicted to Facebook?
No, I am not addicted to Facebook.

If Facebook started charging a monthly fee, would you still use it?
I will ditch it.

Facebook just reached one billion users last year, does this amount of users change the way we communicate with each other?
No it won't change much. The # of users keeps growing but my friends' list stays pretty much the same.

Should there be an age limit? Why or why not?
There should be an age limit because kids are not mature enough to use facebook. They can post embarassing pictures on facebook which can come back to haunt them later on.

Is Facebook too public?
yes and no. Facebook is a public network but you can set your privacy settings to restrict what other people can see on your page.

Do you think Facebook creates unwanted feelings of jealousy/ hatred/ envy, etc towards other people?
Yes, many times I feel jealous/envious upon seeing pictures of friends having fun and living normal lives.

Is cyberbullying on Facebook something to be concerned with?
Yes, this is not a minor issue. People need to respect each other. Trolls and spammers need to be disciplined (i.e. given warnings, having their accounts suspended, etc).

Government spying on people through Facebook. True or conspiracy theory?
This is a possibility. Some employers (including government agencies) are already asking people for access to their facebook accounts before hiring them.