Empty.

breakthespell

I'm at a point in my life right now where everything is just shades of grey. I used to be an active person, I had interests.
It did not get better by the years, getting diagnosed with AvPD/Agoraphobia

Today I'm not feeling much. I don't have a need for anything, and everything seems pointless. I know this is the usual signs of depression, but I've been depressed for eight-nine years now, and I've never felt this flat before. I have no interests, no hobbies. I almost never feel happy anymore, not even for a second, I'm just empty.
If it wasn't for my loving parents I would've probably taken the easy way out years ago, but I will keep trying to find some light in this life, for them.

Last edited:

MrJones

I've been feeling the same as you for quite a long time now, and like you I'm glad I have my parents. Without them probably I wouldn't be here now, and I had the urge to leave anyway several times.

I'm sorry I can't help, but I can tell you you are not alone. You can talk to me whenever you want, if you feel like doing so.

breakthespell

I've been feeling the same as you for quite a long time now, and like you I'm glad I have my parents. Without them probably I wouldn't be here now, and I had the urge to leave anyway several times.

I'm sorry I can't help, but I can tell you you are not alone. You can talk to me whenever you want, if you feel like doing so.

Thanks. It's just comforting seeing I'm not alone, I sometimes forget it.

Ajuna24

You are definitely not alone.

I actually live in Norway too (Vestfold). I've been struggling with agoraphobia, sa, and depression for like at least 7 years now. I don't actually feel empty. I feel the exact opposite. It's just that i can't express anything or do anything well. Consequently, i "live" my life inside my mind - as if it were a prison.

Listen to me.. i can't even explain myself. Just send me a PM if you want to talk. ::eek::

Last edited:

Scotty36

U r def not alone. I have been feeling the same way 4 about 4 years now. I get highs and lows, but at the end of the day I think of the effect taking the easy way out would have n my family, especially my lovely kids.
I don't know how I get through these stages but I think making positive plans 4 the future helps, trying 2 keep the mind focussed on things. Hard 2 explain I suppose. I try 2 look at all the positive stuff I hav done in my life and sometimes it brings up my self esteem levels a bit.
I hope this helps if even just a wee bit, but hang in there.

Last 6 years I have been fullfilling my life with SA and Depression. Nothing more happen by this time. Every year it goes by things seem to be even more grey. I lost almost all my friends. I lost contact with my father, once more. My only family, who cares for me, my mother, lives in another country. I spent most of the time at home. I was once a normal person. I once find some meaning in life. I once smilled. I once had girlfriend. I got my degree. And now...I'm just a rag...I feel nothing inside me. I feel no motivation. I feel depression took my life....I feel that it be just suffering everyday of my life...

I can relate to how you feel,I've been dysthymic for nearly three years and it has been getting worse since this summer.
I neglect myself,don't feel like doing anything,be it work or hobbies and I costantly feel stressed,overwhelmed by life or just plain sad and empty,as you say.The worst fact is that I can still seem to remember the exact situation when my mood went depressed,apparently because of stress related to school.This has even led me to change my sleep routine in order to have more spare time,which only made everything worse.

In my case too it's mostly my parents whom I get the will to fight my condition from,as well as a good friend of mine whom I am very glad to have met.

Anyway,I can't seem to come up with any valuable advice,so the best I can do is give you my support and leave this message to you (and the others) as a sort of personal experience you might relate to.

breakthespell

Thanks for all of your answers, it really means a lot :)

I don't really know what to say though, you're not alone!

Today I had somewhat of a "better" day, some sports on tv and other stuff made the day better.

Last edited:

bsammy

u arent alone thats for sure..tonight i feel empty beyond belief.i have such little joy in this life that it seems pointless to continue.no clue what next step is but i couldnt kill myself and do that to my mother.if it werent for her though, im not sure..