Educacion!

N1LOY

Last marking period, probably all teachers have given me 0 for participation points. I haven't seen any therapist or talked with doctor/any other people about my problems.

I do care about my grades a lot. I have messed up my freshman year, and last marking period. I don't want to do bad in the second marking period. When is the good time to tell the teachers? Should I just keep it to myself? Or they will just say I am BS'ing.

I am a very good student, tests+quizzes+taking notes, I am A+ student. Only thing that is taking me down is this, freaking *raise your hand* and *speak* sh!t and project presentations.

Any suggestions? Even if I have to tell them, should I write it down in a letter and give it to all of my teachers? If so... what should I write? Will they show it to my parents and talk with them about me?

Feathers

Hm, does it affect your final grades?

Can you go see them privately in their cabinet, ideally during any 'office hours' if they have them?
And maybe ask if there are other ways to do the participation thing than raise your hand, speak and do project presentations? eg say you're very shy, ask if maybe you could make presentations on paper and hand them in? (have a few options ready)

On the other hand, you could maybe start learning about giving presentations and ace them? (Or at least try one presentation where necessary...) Many great speakers started with very poor speaking skills!! :) (some even stuttered or worse!!)
There are some good links on how to do good presentations on this site and elsewhere.. it's a learnable skill!!

Honestly I would recommend the second option, to learn about these things and just brave it... or a combination of both..

PurpleOne

Last marking period, probably all teachers have given me 0 for participation points. I haven't seen any therapist or talked with doctor/any other people about my problems.

I do care about my grades a lot. I have messed up my freshman year, and last marking period. I don't want to do bad in the second marking period. When is the good time to tell the teachers? Should I just keep it to myself? Or they will just say I am BS'ing.

I am a very good student, tests+quizzes+taking notes, I am A+ student. Only thing that is taking me down is this, freaking *raise your hand* and *speak* sh!t and project presentations.

Any suggestions? Even if I have to tell them, should I write it down in a letter and give it to all of my teachers? If so... what should I write? Will they show it to my parents and talk with them about me?

My too! I hate it when I have to go in front of the to present so damn project. What I do is wait after school then tell the teacher everything. Tell him/her that if its okay to present after or before school. Sometimes it helps with tears.

If you are a college student i am very sorry, because I am not in college, yet.

N1LOY

Hm, does it affect your final grades?

Can you go see them privately in their cabinet, ideally during any 'office hours' if they have them?
And maybe ask if there are other ways to do the participation thing than raise your hand, speak and do project presentations? eg say you're very shy, ask if maybe you could make presentations on paper and hand them in? (have a few options ready)

On the other hand, you could maybe start learning about giving presentations and ace them? (Or at least try one presentation where necessary...) Many great speakers started with very poor speaking skills!! :) (some even stuttered or worse!!)
There are some good links on how to do good presentations on this site and elsewhere.. it's a learnable skill!!

Honestly I would recommend the second option, to learn about these things and just brave it... or a combination of both..
You see... I don't know how they work here. They have tutoring service, but other students come also. I can just hand in the letter and walk away peacefully.

Those words... I remember them. I tell myself all the time, have they ever worked for me?.... nope. I try so much... but they disappoint me at the end.
I know the answer at depth of my heart, but it just doesn't come out of my mouth. My brain can't make up this words and put it out. They all jumps here and there, making me sound like a dumbass. All the attention is unbearable. All those 70 eyes looking at you, 70 ears listening to you, 35 brains judging you.... are just.... f**king annoying.

My too! I hate it when I have to go in front of the to present so damn project. What I do is wait after school then tell the teacher everything. Tell him/her that if its okay to present after or before school. Sometimes it helps with tears.

If you are a college student i am very sorry, because I am not in college, yet.
I am a high school student. I don't want to beg for their approval, by this time teachers should understand the reason for a student not raising their hands and getting hundreds in their quizzes. I mean... dammit, if I was a teacher I would know what students are like by the end of first week.

Not once or twice.... but it happens over and over again. They know I couldn't answer the question first time, but they tend to pick you over and over. They don't pick on the kids that don't do homework or socially over active. But always have to be one of us. To show what? "This kid doesn't know answer"... proving to other people that getting 100's on tests aren't enough to pass his class. Do I have to grow up to explain to other people how I have reached my conclusion on a global question? At the end it's just an opinion out of 34 other opinions.

Will writing a letter help? Because I don't really want to face them, the likelihood of being rejected is unacceptable by me. I know it will affect me for the rest of the year facing them.

My guidance counselor sucks bal*s. Fat lazy woman, tried to contact her over and over, but she barely responded to e-mails. Basically, "I don't give a sh*t" type of women.

How it works where I teach is students with any issues that can affect their study can request support from counsellors/campus psychologist and they inform teachers on the student's behalf. Reasonable allowances can be made when assessing and marking. If you don't have that support in place I suggest that emailing your teachers would be a good option

Feathers

Hey N1LOY! Lost track of this thread, so I'm only replying now..
Are you a transfer student in another country? Or just new at the high school? It can be difficult to get used to things and new faces, I guess.. Even for teachers, to get to know new people each year.. (some can have bad memory too, you know..) And maybe they might be afraid of the more outspoken students? (especially if they are big and loud...) It depends what kind of high school it is..

Not once or twice.... but it happens over and over again. They know I couldn't answer the question first time, but they tend to pick you over and over. They don't pick on the kids that don't do homework or socially over active. But always have to be one of us. To show what? "This kid doesn't know answer"... proving to other people that getting 100's on tests aren't enough to pass his class. Do I have to grow up to explain to other people how I have reached my conclusion on a global question? At the end it's just an opinion out of 34 other opinions.
Well, maybe some teachers could suspect 'cheating' on tests and want to test if you really do know the knowledge..
I taught in the past and teachers have A LOT of students!! (many different classes etc, sometimes overworked, too much paperwork etc)
Unfortunately most don't have the time to really get to know each individual well.. And most don't have mind-reading devices either.. I wish it would be possible to get to know students better and know who is really smart, who might just have all correct answers on a piece of paper when writing a test...

Will writing a letter help? Because I don't really want to face them, the likelihood of being rejected is unacceptable by me. I know it will affect me for the rest of the year facing them.
Yes, I think it could help writing them a nice e-mail or letter... Just remember to be nice about it.. Or maybe just contact one teacher you get along with, and ask if that person could talk to others too?

Maybe you could suggest something like writing an answer on paper, or if they could quiz/question you privately before or after classes or such?

Have you tried the 'Step by Step' anti-SA program yet? (audio+handouts)