Drugs For Depression

Claudius

Does anyone know if there are any drugs for depression that work straight away when you take them like aspirin instead of taking weeks like Prozac or Citalopram?
Theres obviously illegal drugs like this but isn't there anything doctors can prescribe that will just lift you right out of depression into a happy state immediately. They just won't prescribe any real drugs.

lithium

There's marijuana, which smoking just a little may up your mood somewhat. Honestly, there is no quick fix to depression. I can tell you that from personal experience.

DarkSeeker

Sorry but there's no pill or drug that can replace loveless careless parents or whatever you're missing in life.

Look at all these people with their vaunted anti-depressants and other magic pills, and yet they still crawl back to their doctor to beg for more "enlightenment" every other week.

Take it from me, the best drugs so far are those made by the body itself. You just need to give the old machine a kick and get it up and running again.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Sorry but there's no pill or drug that can replace loveless careless parents or whatever you're missing in life.

Look at all these people with their vaunted anti-depressants and other magic pills, and yet they still crawl back to their doctor to beg for more "enlightenment" every other week.

Take it from me, the best drugs so far are those made by the body itself. You just need to give the old machine a kick and get it up and running again.

I agree here. I've taken anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills, but nothing helped. Sometimes, if your environment is crap, if you are alone, if no one understands how you feel, if people around you treat you bad, there's no drug that will help. Drugs themselves do nothing if you don't have support, a family and friends. Trying to overcome these problems alone and only with drugs would be like trying to hunt a dinosaur with a tiny stick.

DillJenkins

Remeron is the closest you will find. It is an antidepressant and it works within 1-2 weeks for most and right away for some.

It is different than the SSRI class. When you take it, it gives you a feeling like you have taken a drug. You feel different right away.

I took it for Social Anxiety and it didnt help with that but it did make me very happy to the point near euphoria. It made me gain 15 pounds in a month so I stopped taking it.

So be careful if you dont want to gain weight.

Mikefly

no most anti-depressants worth anything are time released 4-6 weeks , idk if your talking about anti-depressants or anti-anxiety ..anti-anxiety some of those kick in right away but antidepressants just take time.

enchantress24

but isn't there anything doctors can prescribe that will just lift you right out of depression into a happy state immediately. They just won't prescribe any real drugs.

There's no such thing as a 'happy pill'. Even the best antidepressant out there won't make u happy. It might help u not to feel sad or depressed but it wont make u happy. Trust me. Been struggling with depression for 10 years.

Almost

There's marijuana, which smoking just a little may up your mood somewhat. Honestly, there is no quick fix to depression. I can tell you that from personal experience.

I seem to get exactly the opposite effect that everyone else gets from weed, makes my anxiety 20 times worse. Never doing it again, which I guess is a good thing.

Last edited:

Claudius

I seem to get exactly the opposite effect that everyone else gets from weed, makes my anxiety 20 times worse. Never doing it again, which I guess is a good thing.

Weed makes me feel worse as well.
It increases my anxiety and makes me feel sick if I inhale much of it.
I don't get what the attraction it holds for people is.

Claudius

There's no such thing as a 'happy pill'. Even the best antidepressant out there won't make u happy. It might help u not to feel sad or depressed but it wont make u happy. Trust me. Been struggling with depression for 10 years.

Have you ever tried this Adderall?
Everyone whos tried it seems to think its amazing from reading on the internet, and say it does get rid of depression immediately.

Y, I was definintly in the group where weed just made me "crazier". When weed does this then it basically confirms there is an underlying anxiety disorder. Good news is that it keeps us off the weed, course I just went to booze. I would like more info on Adderrall as I have since lowered my booze intake and feel an antidepressant may be in order.

DillJenkins

Y, I was definintly in the group where weed just made me "crazier". When weed does this then it basically confirms there is an underlying anxiety disorder. Good news is that it keeps us off the weed, course I just went to booze. I would like more info on Adderrall as I have since lowered my booze intake and feel an antidepressant may be in order.

I kinda know what you mean. Weed makes me crazy in a sense but the difference is that I enjoy the feeling.

I enjoy the completely new thought patterns. Also weed makes me notice more shit that my mind usually passes up. This "loosening of the filters" seems to make me more talkative because I notice more stuff so there is more things to talk aboot.

Weed seems to give me more anxiety aboot non-social things and less anxiety aboot social stuff....Its definitely an unpredictable and strange drug...