Downside of having no friends

recluse

I think a downside of having no network of close friends for me is having no one to turn to should i need help. I live with my parents and they'd do anything to help me, for example the amount of times i've borrowed either my mum o'r my dad's car because mine is in the garage o'r whatever to get to work..... Living in an isolated area a car is a must (totally pathetic public transport)

As i am getting older i am thinking more and more about mortality and that my parents are not going to be here for ever. I think about my parents amongst other people who have lost a parent when they were only young and it scares me. I don't feel emotionally mature...I still feel a kid who can run to his parents whenever a problem arises...I feel totally devoid of basic life skills.

As far as i see life now is that i go to work for money but i don't know what i am aiming for. I feel no joy in life, and i feel sick to my stomach seeing other people with friends/girlfriends........A life!

So basically what the hell will i do when the inevitible i.e - Losing my parents will happen? What do loners do when they become total loners?

anomicdeer

If I had friends, I would probably feel a little lucky.
I probably would have a job... I would... pretty much be doing something with my life.

Sorry to hear you're feeling that way man. *empathy* I know what you mean about not knowing which direction to go, feeling emotionally immature and thinking about mortality. I don't really depend on my parents though since they're both not well. But other than that... yeah...

I'm not sure about you... but staring at the laptop or the phone, waiting for the few acquaintances (online or otherwise) you know to talk to you... And it's late at night going into early morning... And there's nothing... It's definitely not a good feeling.

recluse

Sorry to hear about your parents.

I feel really guilty all the time, like i am a burden and the older i get the worse the feeling gets. My parents don't understand how depressed i feel about it and they seem to get offended that i am depressed about still living with them at my age....They don't seem to understand that i don't feel like an ''adult man''..I just feel so damn immature.

Sorry to hear about your parents.

I feel really guilty all the time, like i am a burden and the older i get the worse the feeling gets. My parents don't understand how depressed i feel about it and they seem to get offended that i am depressed about still living with them at my age....They don't seem to understand that i don't feel like an ''adult man''..I just feel so damn immature.

You just have to distract yourself from these feelings until you can find a real solution. Hobbies and such are the best. Exercise also helps. Don't worry man. I feel immature too. Haha.. I don't feel it. I know it.