Don't know where to go with my life

dannyboy65

Currently my life is a jumbled mess. I don't know what I want anymore. I thought I wanted to be a bio scientist, but I'm not 100% sure if that's what I want now because I've been looking into psychology. I don't know really what to do school wise. Like I love biology, but it just doesn't fascinate me like psychology does, only thing is psychology is a lot of social aspects.

Another thing is I want to travel with one of my good friends but I am so scared to travel. Like I feel very uncomfortable even where I live and I live in on of the safest provinces in Canada. We are planning on Europe but it just makes me nervous. I don't want to back out but it causes me anxiety thinking about it.

I've also been growing stronger bonds with all of my friends. Today I spent time with a college friend, it was our first time hanging out outside of school. We are talking about forming a band, and I really want to do it. I'm just worried what if we get this band going then he moves away because he isn't from here.

I've also been working on my friendship with my ex, which has been going very well. We see each other occasionally and we have good laughs. We hug each other and we still treat each other with respect and care for one another. Not a lot of people think it was smart but I think I made the right decision being her best friend. She is someone I feel I can open up too and she will always understand.

So currently I've been building so much stuff around me. I started taking my pills again. I stopped eating healthy though, in fact I don't eat very often. But there is good things going in my life but a lot of things are stressing me out, because I'm not sure what to do.

DanielLewis

I wouldn't stress out about it too much. You can only make your best choice, and since we can't predict the future, none of us knows where our life will take us. If I were you, I would go with whatever I'm most passionate about. It's important to love what you do for a living because you'll spend most of your life doing it. You said you love biology though too, so maybe you might want to stick with that since you love it and it may offer better career opportunities.

Monkish1

I remember going to Europe as an older teen and really not wanting to, but it was totally worth it. Thinking career is good, but don't let an adventure pass you by that could be an amazing memory. After that you can even claim to be 'cultured' and 'worldly', with stories of foreign places.

All the best.