Does Zoloft take affect straight away or it needs to take time?

tungpike

Hi everyone!
Im just new to this forum and would like to discuss with everyone here about this problem as I also have this kind of weird nervousness. I believe in my case is not really serious because I can still control myself in some situation, however most of the time I feel extremely panic before doing something normal like talk to the bank counter, meet someone that I dont know, and being called out in front of a crowd. I have been trying to fight and control with this stupid feeling but it just getting worse as im losing control easier so I chose to see a mental doctor who had 30 years experience in social anxiety. He gave me Zoloft combine with few more medication, I have been taking it for 3 days but still feel a little bit hard to see a stranger.
So I want to ask if anyone here know how long will Zoloft take effect to help me out of this situation!

planetweirdo

It may take a couple of weeks, or maybe a month to really start working.
Zoloft don't work for everyone though, and some people have side affects from it. But I take Zoloft and it works well for me. Although it doesn't get rid of all of my anxiety It helps me manage it. I hope Zoloft works for you.

tungpike

Thanks planetweirdo! It seems like I dont have any side effects yet however Im feeling more sleepy. I dont know if it works for me but somehow I feel my heart beat slower, maybe after 5 days taking medication I will have to test by putting myself in a tense situation.