Does your therapist criticize you?

drumev

I mean like positive criticizing. Or he/she just says things to make you feel better? It was like my second session yesterday and I felt she's just trying to manipulate me to take off the guilt. It's maybe too early to say for sure, but I'll tell her next time I just require some honesty.

misterF

Mine strikes a good balance I think. Whenever I accomplish something she really emphasizes on the achievment. If I avoid a problem she tends to remind me of them and we try to find a solution together.

206Raider

I haven't gone to see my therapist for months, and I was going every week for a year and a half

but I'm too stressed and the more I avoid it the harder it gets, I don't know why something as easy as picking up my cell and calling the therapist is so damn hard. it would take me like 1 minute and I would feel better if I did. But I don't and I won't.

Last edited:

DaaaBulls

Yeah, it is a fine line between whether or not they are being helpful by either being too friendly or by being too critical.

I do believe my therapist has helped me a lot, but I also think that she has a tendancy to be sort of demanding and a little intimidating. But she is human and I don't think anyone is perfect so I'm gonna stick it out.

If she isn't giving you any criticism then it sounds like maybe he/she isn't being very helpful, I mean you went there because you knew there was a problem, Right?

206Raider

yeah my therapist was helpful and did get frustrated when I wouldn't do something I said I would but she is nice, and friendly with criticism. I want criticism so I know what I need to work on, and I plan on going back but not yet.

Quiet Angel

I've only had ONE good therapist, but he talked for the majority of the time and I could barely say anything throughout all of the sessions. All of the OTHER therapists were too quiet and didn't respond w/ much. It's a bit strange. o_O;;