Does SP have effects on your relationships?

Jonelle

Hey Everyone,

Ive been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years now.
When we met i couldnt speak to him or even be alone with him, i refused to even go for a drive in his car with him.
I still to this day don't know why he even bothered with me, but im glad he did.

The problem now is that i don't really have any friends of my own as i simply cant talk to people well, and it puts alot of stress on my boyfriend me being around all the time.

We broke up for 6 months a while back and it was really ard for me because i had no one to help me out other than my family (who are great by the way) but i didnt have mates to help me get my mind off things.

any suggestions on wat to do to make things easier for my partner? and myself??

i'd love to be able to make friends and just hang out and do wat normal people do.

Yeah, never heard of that thing called "relationship".

In the past, If there was a chance for things to go further, I wouldn't let it... partially because of SA. I felt it would just cause problems. That, or I would get clingy because the other people were energetic/outgoing and I wasn't (never wanted to do anything fun). It beat up the "relationships".

What about befriending his friends?

Last edited:

this_portrait

Well, I've never really been in a relationship before, but SA has affected my potential relationships. I have a lot of difficulty getting closer to people, especially to guys in the romantic sense. So much that I'm rather scared to. It also makes me highly avoidant.