Does OCD make you feel dirty?

dixiegirl

I feel so dirty, especially when my STD OCD and HOCD are really bad. I woke up this morning wanting to cry because I feel so corrupt and anxious and just dirty all the time.

Is that shame? Or guilt?

Kinetik

I've gone through more or less the entire spectrum of feelings when it comes to the intrusive thoughts I experience as a result of OCD. Occasionally I will indeed feel dirty; like when I develop an irrational (but always totally private) obsession with a woman, or some sort of sexual fetish that I can't let go of. But mostly my emotions are more negative, being predominantly along the lines of guilt and shame when I'm having racing thoughts regarding violence or what have you. Those are the ones I struggle with most, since I can handle being a closet perve, but not a closet serial killer.

EDIT: not sure if the OP meant dirty-minded or actually physically grubby - I went with the former, sue me. ::p:

Last edited:

Noca

Banned
I only feel physically dirty from my OCD. I cant get dressed without first having a shower in the morning or I have a nervous breakdown.

dixiegirl

EDIT: not sure if the OP meant dirty-minded or actually physically grubby - I went with the former, sue me. ::p:

LOL I didn't really mean dirty-minded or physically grubby. Just feel like I have no innocence left. My OCD makes me feel really tainted.

Last edited:
I feel so dirty, especially when my STD OCD and HOCD are really bad. I woke up this morning wanting to cry because I feel so corrupt and anxious and just dirty all the time.

Is that shame? Or guilt?

Yea my OCD makes me feel really dirty, but before I knew I had it I felt even worse. It's especially hard since my OCD makes me jerk off for hours on end when I get stressed. I have other compulsions but they are fairly mild.

IDK94657

LOL I didn't really mean dirty-minded or physically grubby. Just feel like I have no innocence left. My OCD makes me feel really tainted.

I know that I feel similarly, but mainly because when I ask friends and family to do stuff for me they just sigh as if I can help it. Only my brother seems to understand.