Does anyone here ever get together?

countrybumpkin

I notice that there are a lot of people from the UK here , do any of you ever try to get together ? maybe it would be easier to be social with someone who knows how you feel and would understand more if you had an attack around them ? Just an idea.

Hope

I thought of the same for members in Canada or the US - like a little informal gettogether (perhaps while doing your summer vacation). Activities might include hiking, beach, sightseeing, or whatever people felt comfortable with.

Just a thought. I realize not all SAers might be able to handle it.

I spoke with a member of a local support group whose chat group got together in Montana. It was apparently a great success.

I have met one SPW member.

countrybumpkin

You could be right that it might be too much for some , but I think it might be an easier first step than out in the "normal" social scene , small steps certainly do make things easier. I'm also from Canada by the way , BC.

Hope

Just thought I'd bring this topic back to the top of the list again before the subject fades into oblivion. Can't believe that all SPers don't want to network (aside from the virtual reality of bulletin boards) :?:

Remus

Staff member
Us UKers get together on SAUK, (small country big population)

I have alot of mates in real life off there, you global dudes shuld get together in your own countries and do meets!

(ahh UK always leads the way :roll: )

he he

I even got a yank girl coming to my manc meet!

so if she can travel so far anyone can!

tommydog

countrybumpkin said:
I think it might be an easier first step than out in the "normal" social scene , small steps certainly do make things easier.

this is true i think its a good idea. id be willing to participate in something like this in sydney ... thats if there is anyone in sydney on here other than me :lol:

its good because we can define comfort zones and yer i reckon it'd be good :D