Does anyone feel older than they are?

Kiwong

I'm 48, but physically I'm doing better than my late twenties, thirties and my early forties.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I feel the opposite. Feel like I've not grown mentally, socially, or emotionally in 3-4 years. That's when I was at my peak and stuff happened and hit a bottom. Stunted.

I'm 25 and feel still 22/21 when that happened. Esp since I finally graduate school this spring... I feel like 3 years of my life have been pointless. But anyways I get obsessive with age and where/what you should be doing by certain points and feel like I will never "catch up".

Rose_Red

Everyone tells me I'm too 'mature for my age'.
I'm 17 and other people my age don't like talking to me because I'm too 'sophiscated'.
I think from always been alone from a child I've taken interest in knowledge and learning - it's all I have.
I feel older than I am, and I've always felt out of place with everyone around me that's near my age.
:/

Me, I feel like I were 30. I've nothing to do with my own generation. Like I told yesterday to cyberfriend, sometimes IRL I feel alone even being among people, cause is difficult to talk about something interest or profound when people only cares about football and politics.

NewtoThis

I feel like I'm 80 years old. Ever since I was sixteen my friends have told me I have "old man humor." I am not a man either.

Illusions

I feel older and kind of worn out. I've had people tell me I'm more mature than people my age too, which I suppose could be true, (because I can't stand how childish certain people my age can be) though I do know I still have some maturing to do. *shrugs*

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

I feel like a weee' baby who has much to learn. The analyzing side of myself is sure old, but what I think is not who I am if I'm not putting it into action.... Learning balance is what makes one old/wise, building memories and experiences, learning to be in the moment...AKA: Weeeee baby

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Maybe should start a "Do you feel younger than you are" thread. For as I said above, just esp last few days having done more socially I feel sooooooo young there. Old physically. Intellectually level. But everything else...... like 19/20. And Im 25.