does anyone else feel really slow at work?

Richey

i'm in a technical field that i have been semi-interested in for a while in an office. i find myself reading task requests without much clue as to how to start. though i do ask questions if needed i feel that i may be sacked soon because i'm not as sharp as some of the others yet and i dont positively seek out a problem. i can sit there for ages without achieving much. i walk with a group of people at lunch time and they are some of the most intelligent/chatty people i've come across. they don't like it if someone seems "naive" or a bit slow. sometimes i can be sharp but when i'm nervous i feel dumb and too anxious to focus or to feel relaxed. i sometimes sit there thinking "what am i even doing here? i don't enjoy this".

i thought working in a big company with alot of people would help get me out of my comfort zone, which it has but i've ended up feeling even worse and more anxious and low and stressed to the max.

i sense that i've missed out on practicing talking with others and its left me high and dry in a very obvious way.

i have now realised i want a career doing landscaping or something outdoorsy that won't effect me too much.

i've been rejected by two people i thought were friends recently as well.

what is the point to any of this if its just constant never ending dissapointments.

Apple Strudel

You should actually work in an environment that is within your comfort zone. I don't see the point in torturing myself for the next 5 yrs or so working in a job that i'm always anxious to go to.