Does anybody else get a weird disconnected feeling?

SadSally

I don't know how to describe what I mean. It's kind of like, whenever you're in a social situation do you ever just zone out and realize where you actually are and what you're doing? Like I was down town a few days ago and I went into the shopping center. As I was looking around the store I just stopped and started looking around. My mind became really hyper aware. I was like: I'M IN A STORE. I'M ACTUALLY HERE. WHAT AM I DOING HERE? IS THIS ACTUALLY REAL?
This happens to me all the time. It's kind of like a startling disbelief.

S_Spartan

I don't know how to describe what I mean. It's kind of like, whenever you're in a social situation do you ever just zone out and realize where you actually are and what you're doing? Like I was down town a few days ago and I went into the shopping center. As I was looking around the store I just stopped and started looking around. My mind became really hyper aware. I was like: I'M IN A STORE. I'M ACTUALLY HERE. WHAT AM I DOING HERE? IS THIS ACTUALLY REAL?
This happens to me all the time. It's kind of like a startling disbelief.

Not really but I get a thing where I feel like I'm another person outside myself looking at myself. Like I'll look at my hand and think it's not really my hand.
Usually lasts for a minute and doesn't happen often but it's a very weird feeling when it happens.

nicole1

I've felt like I've stepped out of my body before. It's how I best describe it. I experienced this at work and at school in the past.