does any become shy around girls?

bandit

am 17 yr old guy i know am love shy because my heart beats faster when i see or speak to a girl of my age.

Luckily, a few girls have approached me saying that they like me, instead, this makes me freeze in front of them and dont answer back so they feel that am not intrested in them. A few months a go at a party, some girl also aproached me and i could tell she was madly in love with me. for the first time, i mangaed to put myself together and talked to her for several hours but i was feeling uncomfortable inside mybody. the next day when i met her, i made an execuse to end the relationship which made her sad.

Every sunday i attend mass at my local church and theres theis girl she 17 too, two/three weeks ago, she alos aproached me on the bus with her firnds and said that i was lookin sexy, liked me and wanted my number, this also maded me freeze and i said no to her yet i liked her, Every sunday i see her in church and get very uncomfortable. right now i head that she got a boy friend which makes me jelous. I realy like her but i cant talk 2 her .

right now am single and am gussing that i wont ever get a girlfriend due to my shyness.

any advice?

TAMPA-BAY

Not sure if this is what you want to hear but my advise is to stay focus on getting better dealing with your anxiety. Even if you get a new girl tomorow it will be the same results until you deal with your maladaptive thoughts cause by our anxietys.

You need to focus on fixing you anxiety so you can stay in a relationship with all of these girls you keep attracting. If you dont do that youll just keep attracting them only to lose them to some guy who has control of his anxiety.

recluse

Well yeah I freeze when there's aan attractive girl standing close to me, but I'm not lucky like you are having girls being attracted to you. I think that most girls think I am a freak.

Some_guy

I know it's hard but try to expose yourself and stand the heat, hopefully exposure will desensitize you

HotCheeks

Same here

If it helps, I'm a girl and the same happens to me with blokes. I'm normally ok until a particularly confident man talks to me, or is just nearby. Then I go bright red and can't look them in the face, which really kinda gives the game away but isn't exactly alluring!! I'm sorry, I have no advice...just wanted offer my support and say that hopefully one day you'll meet someone who wont be fazed by your shyness :)

coriander1992

Re: Same here

HotCheeks said:
If it helps, I'm a girl and the same happens to me with blokes. I'm normally ok until a particularly confident man talks to me, or is just nearby. Then I go bright red and can't look them in the face, which really kinda gives the game away but isn't exactly alluring!! I'm sorry, I have no advice...just wanted offer my support and say that hopefully one day you'll meet someone who wont be fazed by your shyness :)

ditto that. :wink: