Dodgy Forum Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satine

There is a forum/messageboard being touted on some forums which I think I should warn people about. It's known as 'The Beatiful Escape'.
BE is for teens with problems regarding alcohol/drugs, sex, depression, cutting and other issues.

The problem is that it's run by a teenage girl who is friends with a 30-something man known as Cameron David Shaw. Cameron Shaw is a registered sex offender and has a history of rape. He is married to one of his victims.

I don't doubt the girl's good intentions (her name is Ash on the board), but I have grave doubts as to the wisdom of Cameron being on the board.

Finally, he claims also to be a social worker. He has never explained how he managed to get this job, as registered sex offenders can't become social workers. He also claims to be on a 250k + salary, which social workers do not command. I also contacted the central office for social workers in his hometown of Farragut, Tennessee a few weeks ago to ask whether he was an employee there. They have never heard of him.

Last edited:

StonedBob

Well, what is really frightening is that it's supposed to be a support forum, with young members needing help... That means they are more fragile and ready to listen to everybody that seems help them...
How did you discover all this about this guy?

Satine

I have been helping out at The Narrow Road for about 2 1/2 years now. Cameron turned up there about 2 years back and hung around. He has an eager, happy-to-lucky sort of manner about him that many members found pleasant. He also told us all a lot about his history and how his life was going, and at the time it seemed just like a relatively harmless person keeping up with friends.

I was never too happy with having a self-proclaimed rapist on the site, but it wasn't my site to police, so I left it.

He, together with Ash (who I'd never crossed paths with on TNR), started a help forum and invited me to mod there (my replies on TNR are generally seen in high regard). I accepted, but the board didn't take off and eventually disappeared. A second board didn't do any better.

On the third attempt, BE, Cam claimed to have gone out with some old friends of his (ones he knew were bad news) and said they'd all gang-raped a group of girls they'd taken home. Cam had confessed to his wife, who had understandably gone mental about it and chucked him out. Half of the post he made was complaining about how badly his wife was treating him and that he wasn't gonig to take 'it's over' for an answer and camped outside their house until she accepted him back.

I suggested that maybe she had good reason not to accept him back and, to be honest, maybe it was best if he just found somewhere else to live for now to give her proper space rather than harrassing her, but my post was ignored. Ash, along with another teenage girl known as Debbi, also ignored my post, telling him that he was great for Sarah (his wife) and that they should get back together.

Eventually they did and the incident was forgotten - by them. But I found that this was a step too far. If he didn't consider that Sarah really had any right to stand up to him, was he a healthy person to have around TNR or BE? I didn't think so, so I made my feelings known. Note also that Cam can be quite preachy and tends to post 'sermons' he finds online if he likes the sound of them. Some of these did little to allay my concerns about his attitudes.

Ash banned me, Cam did a bit of a smear campaign on me. The girls at TNR (where we have a culture of acceptance and forgiveness) pretty much forgave Cam for what he'd done to his wife. It was all doing my nut in, so I spoke about all of this to another forum.

The people there responded with concern about Cam and I began to feel that my suspicions about him were right. We checked him out quite thoroughly and, although we couldn't ultimately tell how much risk he posed, we managed to convince the TNR girls that he wasn't a good person to take moral lessons from and he disappeared. After moaning about a 'hate campaign' against him. Note that, as I was dealing with more than one forum, on each of which I wanted to keep my reputation, I made sure none of my accusations against him were based on anything but his own confessions. I made sure they were based in fact, as he related it.

I thought he'd gone for good, but now he's returned. I hope that the TNR girls will realise that he's still not one to trust.

Doomed2Die

Woah. That's messed up.

So this guy is part-founder for the site? A help site? A guy who admitted to gang raping a group of girls?

How di-

Wh-

mrb

jesus im lost for words , never lost for words me but bloody hell ...........

kyle

Banned
I have to admit that I'm a bit suspicious of this whole thread. This is the internet and anyone can say whatever they want about a person. Why have you not contacted the Police about this? And if any of these details posted about this guy are not true, there is a risk the forum will be shut down, as it is a crime to spread malicious rumors about an individual.

Satine

I have to admit that I'm a bit suspicious of this whole thread. This is the internet and anyone can say whatever they want about a person. Why have you not contacted the Police about this? And if any of these details posted about this guy are not true, there is a risk the forum will be shut down, as it is a crime to spread malicious rumors about an individual.

I'm sorry all, I didn't see the later replies to this thread.

Kyle, to answer you, he admitted to all of these things himself, and proof is in the screencaps at Cameron Shaw - Encyclopedia Dramatica Note: Encyclopedia Dramatica is malicous in places and some pages are not work safe, but I have made sure all facts in that article are accurate. By which I mean that Cameron admitted to them himself.

The only thing I contradict him about is the gang-rape story. He admitted to it, several girls told him he was a great guy despite it and I disagreed, saying he'd done a bad thing and was not a safe person to be around. He then suddenly 'realised' he hadn't done it after all. The timing makes me suspicious, but by all means check out the records for yourself.

I am aware that spreading malicous rumours about somebody is unlawful, but I take his own words as proof, more so the fact that he's repeated several of the details again and again and again...

As for the police, they were called some 6 months ago. I don't know what became of the enquiry, but they are the professionals so I guess they have made their own moves/whatever.

I have no wish to tarnish my own reputation by spreading false rumours, I have sought here to inform potentially vulnerable people about a possible danger. If Cam is not dangerous, he should have thought of that before he started posting fictitious stories. But as it is, I'm treating them as real.

kyle

Banned
I checked out his posts from that forum. Sounds like he is a compulsive liar. I am going to register for that site, and investigate....

Having said that, I am not sure what to make of this. If this person has done the things he has claimed, and spends time with teenage girls, it probably is a good thing to warn others about him. However, i noticed the article that you wrote and it seems to attack two girls named Ashley and Debbie. I am not sure what they have done to deserve that.

Last edited:

Satine

True that the section that ridicules Debbi and Ash is unwarranted within the context of the actual problem. The only person I genuinely intend to bring to light is Cam. The mentino of Ash is deliberately short, just to let others know who she is the wider scheme, and Deb... well, she's not dangerous, but as the article is meant to be an entertaining one I included some of her witticisms.

But for the purpose of spreading knowledge of Cam, ignore the Deb and Ash bits by all means.

kyle

Banned
True that the section that ridicules Debbi and Ash is unwarranted within the context of the actual problem. The only person I genuinely intend to bring to light is Cam. The mentino of Ash is deliberately short, just to let others know who she is the wider scheme, and Deb... well, she's not dangerous, but as the article is meant to be an entertaining one I included some of her witticisms.

But for the purpose of spreading knowledge of Cam, ignore the Deb and Ash bits by all means.

It's really creul what you are doing. I think you should erase what you have written about those two girls. They are people like anyone else, and don't deserve that kind of ridicule, especially in light on the problems they seem to have endured. Would you like it if someone wrote stuff like that about you on the internet? I mean these girls are not even 18.

Last edited:

Satine

Kyle. I was invited to work with Debbie and Ashley on three forums, and all the way through that time they treated me like dirt. Debbie only very rarely stooped so low as to speak to me, and still considered herself a compassionate person. I beg to differ on that. As far as I'm concerned she can put up with whatever I choose to say. I'm retaliating, not instigating this.

Ashley could easily have communicated with me far better over several issues, but just didn't bother. And when I finally got her to respond to me about the core issues, I just got short, terse, sarcastic responses. Therefore she too can have whatever I choose to say.

Do not call me cruel, I am retaliating in kind - they have done far more to me than I have them.

kyle

Banned
Kyle. I was invited to work with Debbie and Ashley on three forums, and all the way through that time they treated me like dirt. Debbie only very rarely stooped so low as to speak to me, and still considered herself a compassionate person. I beg to differ on that. As far as I'm concerned she can put up with whatever I choose to say. I'm retaliating, not instigating this.

Ashley could easily have communicated with me far better over several issues, but just didn't bother. And when I finally got her to respond to me about the core issues, I just got short, terse, sarcastic responses. Therefore she too can have whatever I choose to say.

Do not call me cruel, I am retaliating in kind - they have done far more to me than I have them.

So, in other words, if you don't like someone on the internet, you smear their name on other forums? I mean arguing with someone and not liking them is one thing, but to publish their names and pictures on website just to try and ruin their reputation is way over the top. I also noticed you are almost 26, yet you are doing this to underage girls who made forums to try and help people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.