do you think.

Dave1989

That the symptoms of sa could actually cause prople to stare? For example our body language/ facial expressions/posture etc. When my sp is really acting up i feel like i walk funny, my face feels contorted and so uncomfortable and i just wonder if other people pick up on this and that is why they stare/ laugh or wether its all in my mind.

Hastings & Main

I used to think this too, but eventually I just accepted that it was paranoid thinking on my part, a side-effect of SA.
Plus - when you feel this way out on the street, you tend to shoot 'criminal glances' here & there (checking shiftily around to see if anyone's paying attention to you) and people may notice & look at you like they would a suspicious person.

I realized that it was mainly women staring at me. When I brought this up w/a friendly ex whle discussing SA, she laughed & said, "Because you're good looking!" ::eek:: (jury's still out on that, tho')

Dr. Doom

Yeah I think so, but at my school they are pretty anti-bully/taunts so when I start panicking or am noticeably nervous I usually don't get any stares. But I still have paranoid thoughts that someone is talking about me behind my back, laughing.

It depends. When you work with animals, you kinda get nack for feeling how the creature feels without much any really vocal or visual input. You just kinda know.

When we're uncomfortable we send out that same signal. Dogs and cats pick up on that very quickly for example. Humans, however, are far less sophisticated with this sense, much of these hidden signals go overhead. Most humans rely on visuals and assumptions to get baring on how someone feels.

While you might feel nervous and feel that your body language is fake, other people might not even notice it. When you're dealing with people that rely on visuals and assumptions it really depends on how good of a unconscious actor you are. :3