Do you think that this website maintains your condition??

This web site provides you with tips, testimonials, links, encouragement, etc...... but i don't know. I feel that if I'm on this site its because i'm not doing the effort to go out. Mehhh.........

Felgen

Some posts from some of the older users here have actually shown me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

awkwardamanda

Well if I'm not here then I'm somewhere else on the internet or I'm playing The Sims or something. I don't think this site has added to the time I spend on my computer. It's nice to have the support and not feel alone. Otherwise, I'd just bum around anyway. I don't have much in the way of hobbies. The computer is my fun, so whatever.

seafolly

No, I certainly wouldn't consider this website a factor in an lack of progress I'm making. Sometimes I read posts and think, "Wow. So it can get worse." I mean my situation is not good, but there are some things I CAN do and that does bring some comfort. I can talk on the phone, I can go to parties (even if I don't fully enjoy them all the time), and I can maintain friendships with those who have no idea what agoraphobia/generalized anxiety is all about other than the little I reveal. For me, being immersed in normalcy is very helpful because I push myself to keep pace. However, it's very nice to have a place to turn to when you're feeling misunderstood.

TRRobin

I would say the entire internet doesn't help us shy people get out of ourselves, and I do agree that if you talk about, and concentrate on "problems" your only thinking about them more.

Your brain is like a sponge. It absorbs whatever it is given.
Feed it only what it wants...
You can exploit this by using subliminal messages to feed yourself positive feedbacks.

This is why I have like 17 posts, yet I joined in 2007 lol...
I come back once in a while to try to calm some of the youngens.