Do you think people know?

gardnerj

That you have AvPD? I've gotten comments from people like "I'm not tryin to be an asshoel, jeez" and such. I wonder if its obvious for us.

dooby-duck

I don't think most people know what AvPD is. I think people notice there is something not quite right but usually put it down to shyness or arrogance.

My friend studies psychology, but she never mentioned AvPD, SA or a lot of other stuff. So I don't think that ordinary people know what that means. People know what means depression, shyness and they stick these problems to us.

gardnerj

hm, i think a lot of people know somethin's up with me. And now that i know that, it makes it that much worse.

BlackKids

Most people are too self absorbed to even care. I'd just thing to myself do I care about random stangers issues, the answer is always no.

Outshined

A person can usually (but not always) recognize when another is feeling uncomfortable socially, but I'd agree
many people are too self absorbed to really care or think twice about it.

PennyLane

I completely agree with dooby duck. I didn't even know what it was until I got it (or it got worse). I reckon people just think im extremely shy, boring and possibly weird for never going out. Im certain they don't think I have an actual disorder.