Do you SAers ever say something and the other person took it the wrong way?

sevenroses

Do you SAers ever say something and the other person took it the wrong way? I just feel a little bit stressed. It's just that I think I might have accidentally said something that may have accidentally offended a coworker :( Towards the end of the shift. I asked a coworker if she was going to go to the gym after the shift (just for the sake of conversing and avoiding awkward silences). She was overweight but I hope she didn't take it the wrong way implying that I thought she was overweight when I asked her "whether she was going to the gym". I just feel like **** and I don't meet this coworker for another week or so, so I have to dwell on this stress for a while. I don't want a coworker to hate me or be my enemy :( Hope my coworker didn't take it the wrong way. She often talked about working out and sports and karate etc to everyone here and there so I just assumed that wasn't a bad question. I just have a bad feeling that this coworker took it the wrong way because everyone in the room looked all serious including her after I asked her that. I just feel so bad. ::(:

D

deleted user 1

I wouldn't worry about it. Had she not been talking about doing so I'd say that you may have brought up a bad subject. What you actually did was ask her about something which she has chosen to share with everyone else, you were taking an interest in something that she obviously feels is important to her. And even if she did feel this way, it's still in your favour for the above reasons. If you feel that you may have upset her then why not talk to her about it? When I think I've upset somebody I'll ask them if I have and appologize and explain to them what my intention really was.

Iseesky

Definitely don't worry about it. If she did take it the wrong way, it's her problem. That's like asking a student if they have any homework to do after school! They're a student...Doing homework is something they do, they wouldn't be offended by that question. She works out a lot...Going to the gym is something she does. Unless you call her up, there's not much you can do about it until you see her again and have a chance to explain yourself. And even then she may not have cared either way!

sevenroses

Thanks so much for the reply. She did talk about working out, pilates, karate, muah thai to everyone during her first shift so I guess you are right. I'm not 100% certain though that this coworker took it the right way instead of the wrong way which bothers me. Plus I have to dwell on this until I encounter her again which is next week. Stressful situation.

D

deleted user 1

Thanks so much for the reply. She did talk about working out, pilates, karate, muah thai to everyone during her first shift so I guess you are right. I'm not 100% certain though that this coworker took it the right way instead of the wrong way which bothers me. Plus I have to dwell on this until I encounter her again which is next week. Stressful situation.

I still wouldn't worry about it. Non-SA sufferers don't build up an archive of who said what, when and where like we do. She probably won't even remember what she did a few days ago, much less two weeks ago by that time, lol. And if it ever pops up, you just explain that you were just taking an interest in her hobbies. The ball is in your court, and if she ever decided to make an issue of it, it would make her look like a complete ass. Be at peace ^_^

Last edited:

sevenroses

Thanks for easing me up a bit. On top of that she was asking when during the week I work days. I think she asked me that because she's new and wants to pick up shifts, so maybe she wants to avoid the shifts I work because we honestly don't have any rapport with one another. She even said the last hour of the shift seems so long (I'm guessing it's because I just arrived during her last hour. :p ) But this is a whole other story or stress I gotta deal with. Thanks so much for the replies. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Ignace

Sevenroses, we are much alike as what I've read from you. And yes, I had it all the time a while back. But it's improving. :)