Do you know your copper/zinc ratio?

gvfuz

Hi,
I have read some thing about copper/zinc ratio in another forum (no-ets forum). The person told that a simple blood test can show if we have been intoxicated.
Generally, what doctors say is that our test results are in normal ranges (blood sugar, tsh level...) and the reason of hyperhidrosis is not known. Did any of us get a coper/zinc ratio test?
I have never got a test about mineral levels in my body.

(I am not sure if I am allowed to give a direct link but the topic is "Worried about toxicity of metal electrodes" in no-ets.com forum).
May be the person is a member of socialphobiaworld.com, too.

SweatSweatGoAway

I've seen that post. I wouldn't be too concerned about the metal ions in iontophoresis honestly. I think it is so minuscule that it's negligible.

Forgotten-Children

I honestly don't want to know because copper is killing my boyfriend... If I ever found out and found that I have a very high amount of copper in my body then I'd just feel bad..

gvfuz

I've seen that post. I wouldn't be too concerned about the metal ions in iontophoresis honestly. I think it is so minuscule that it's negligible.

According to what I have read about this topic, iontophoresis is not the only cause for an intoxication. I have read that copper/zinc profile is a way to determine the immune status. I was wondering if anyone of us know his/her copper/zinc ratio. May be we all have regular ratio but may be we don't. I want to understand if it is related with hyperhidrosis. Actually, I don't know my ratio.

I honestly don't want to know because copper is killing my boyfriend... If I ever found out and found that I have a very high amount of copper in my body then I'd just feel bad..

Sorry for your boyfriend. What is happening to him?

gvfuz

He has a terminal illness called Wilson's Disease which makes it so that his body can't digest copper so it accumulates in his brain, joints, and vocal cords.

I am very sorry.
It seems that such a mineral imbalance shows serious symptoms.
I hope he will be better.

Forgotten-Children

I am very sorry.
It seems that such a mineral imbalance shows serious symptoms.
I hope he will be better.

It's not really your problem to deal with but I appriciate the sympathy.

Well... seeing as it's terminal, unfortunatly, it won't. But he's pretty much accepted his fate so dwelling on when he'll pass on would only make the years he has left worse than they should be. I've had to accept the fact he's dying years ago when were first started dating but that doesn't make me stop loving him because he's ill.