Do you keep losing friends?

Mikefly

Its like a curse of mine. I make friends, and then after a while they seem to get bored or something... They just get to the point where they aren't interested anymore.

Anyone else have this problem!?

Its soul destroying, because I seem to be getting on fine, and all of a sudden its like i'm a disease or something :roll:

I don't think it's you this happens with everyone. Especially if you hang around them too much the energy/chemistry whatever dies down. Sometimes you need space when u get bored of each other or just go your opposite way. As you get older too you and anyone else in general usually may only keep a handful of friends or so. That's just life!

Halym

Banned
Yeah I also have the same problem.. I don't have any friends.. I had many friends in my childhood... But I kept losing them as I grew up... Now I don't have any friends..People keep denying me, using me and cheating me... That's how it's been for four years...

Zaki

Yeah, friends have given up on me and I can understand why.

Last edited:

bsammy

really, isnt friendship meant to be a natural non-threatening thing. I mean if it causes so much stress maybe it wasnt meant to be

technically friendship should be a very awarding thing but for people with avoidance, anxiety, depression issues, friendships can cause immense stress and other problems..

even when im doing fine i find it very difficult to maintain friendships..it just seems everyone else needs to spend so much time with each other, they love going out and hanging out together several times a week..with me, thats overkill..im fine if a see a friend once every 2-3 weeks with few phone-calls..

Ransfordrowe

Unfortuntely it can be hard being friends with people who dont think a great deal of themselves.The more you like yourself,the more likely others will like you.Referring to yourself like a disease,shows more than likely you have self esteem issues that hopefully you are working on.I have self esteem issues that Im trying to sort out.

Zaki

Why did your friends give up on you??

Some just grew tired/bored of me, I guess. I'm very introverted and it seems to take a great deal of energy for me to maintain close friendships. I'm not exactly what you'd call a ton of fun and there's the...you know...anxiety thing. Most of these people were never really my friends, though. They didn't have my back. They turned their backs on me. They didn't keep their word. They didn't defend me. I've had to face utter humiliation all by myself with no one in my corner. These friends just stood by and watched me sink. I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with and I haven't been the most amazing friend in the world, but at least I can say I've made an effort to not leave people I care about standing alone out in the cold.

Last edited:

Halym

Banned
Some just grew tired/bored of me, I guess. I'm very introverted and it seems to take a great deal of energy for me to maintain close friendships. I'm not exactly what you'd call a ton of fun and there's the...you know...anxiety thing. Most of these people were never really my friends, though. They didn't have my back. They turned their backs on me. They didn't keep their word. They didn't defend me. I've had to face utter humiliation all by myself with no one in my corner. These friends just stood by and watched me sink. I know I'm not the easiest person to deal with and I haven't been the most amazing friend in the world, but at least I can say I've made an effort to not leave people I care about standing alone out in the cold.

All the people who were my friends before never did have my back and turned their backs on me... I understand what you're going through... I don't know whether I could ever get a real friend or not... :(

AtTheGates

Banned
Yeah its a bad feeling when you find out the few friends you have dont even give a **** about you when it really comes down to it....thats pretty much how I found out that I didnt have any "real" friends....cutting contact with them was was the most logical option....I dont need that shit in my life.