do you have to pay for your medication

FOR REAL

Banned
the main reason i ask is cause i dont have to pay, its on the NHS
i get this stuff called lamictal/lamotrigine for my epilepsy, and im supposed to take it.
but i dont take it, i just throw it in the rubbish/garbage
as far as the doctors are aware im taking these pills, ive not had a seizure for around 5 years.
i just dont like the idea of meds that can help people going to waste

Noca

Banned
I pay $2 for each of my meds. I get coverage from ODSP (disability in Ontario) and I get it for life. Even after I become a doctor, ill still get my meds for $2 each, I just wont get any income support.

Noca

Banned
The costs will come around no matter what.

The costs come around to everyone but they dont come to those who need the health care treatment in Canada or the UK. Ive used over $750,000 in free health care and trust me, ive NEVER paid $750,000 in taxes nor will in my lifetime. My cost of health care is spread out to everyone in the country with taxes. I needed every dollar that I used of free health care. Most of the cost was the surgeries Ive had and the hospital stays as well as to pay the many doctors that take care of me.

Public health care is the way of civility/first world countries and not this barbaric health care system of "i cant afford to reattach all 4 fingers so I'll only attach 3" that the United States has.

Enialis227

the main reason i ask is cause i dont have to pay, its on the NHS
i get this stuff called lamictal/lamotrigine for my epilepsy, and im supposed to take it.
but i dont take it, i just throw it in the rubbish/garbage
as far as the doctors are aware im taking these pills, ive not had a seizure for around 5 years.
i just dont like the idea of meds that can help people going to waste

Why don't you get you're prescription cancelled or something?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question.

I pay about $20 for 3 months, through the college here, which is cheaper by far, normally it is $15 a month, and that is generic

FOR REAL

Banned
Why don't you get you're prescription cancelled or something?

Sorry if this is an ignorant question.

oh, its not an ignorant question at all:)
i suppose my biggest fear of telling the doctor i dont take the pills, is incase he/she stops my other medication (like benzos)
the doctors here always look up some book to check and see if certain meds go with the other ones. its too complicated for me, so i just keep quite and think myself lucky that i still get the nitrazepam.

FOR REAL

Banned
I pay about $20 for 3 months, through the college here, which is cheaper by far, normally it is $15 a month, and that is generic

i always thought meds abroad (outside the uk) were way more expensive than what youve said.
even at the most expensive, like you say 15 dollars a month aint too bad, i dont think

Enialis227

oh, its not an ignorant question at all:)
i suppose my biggest fear of telling the doctor i dont take the pills, is incase he/she stops my other medication (like benzos)
the doctors here always look up some book to check and see if certain meds go with the other ones. its too complicated for me, so i just keep quite and think myself lucky that i still get the nitrazepam.

Makes sense.
I doubt you are causing any trouble by not taking it, if you are getting along fine without it.

The prices for meds over here isn't so bad, but it does add up for people like me who take multiple ones.

I take Lamictal, by the way, for Bi-polar disorder.
Quit wasting those pills, man :mad:, lol j/k.

FOR REAL

Banned
Makes sense.
I doubt you are causing any trouble by not taking it, if you are getting along fine without it.

The prices for meds over here isn't so bad, but it does add up for people like me who take multiple ones.

I take Lamictal, by the way, for Bi-polar disorder.
Quit wasting those pills, man :mad:, lol j/k.

oh, i never knew they were for bi-polar too, maybe i should sell them on ebay;)

iamthenra

Being that I have asthma... I use 2 different inhalers a day. One of them is a corticosteroid and the other is a fast acting beta2agonist or a broncho dilator. Each of these drugs would cost retail around $200. each. I use mail order through my HMO which covers most of the cost of the drugs. I get a 90 day supply which comes to a grand total (retail) $1500. (approximately) and I pay around $200. for my share of the bill.

i always thought meds abroad (outside the uk) were way more expensive than what youve said.
even at the most expensive, like you say 15 dollars a month aint too bad, i dont think

Believe me they are, it depends on the meds, the meds for my migraines are $100 or more for less then a month, and generic versions. I have been semi lucky so far in cost, but with not health insurance, if something where to happen, I would be screwed.