Do you ever say hello when you mean to say goodbye?

Today I had a doctors appointment and when I went to say goodbye to the doctor I said hello instead. Needless to say I felt like a total idiot.

Ever happen to you?

InsaneGuyX

lol no, but goodbye....ermm i mean hello. Just kidding lol, but seriously don't worry about it, if you said that to me, then looked embarrassed, id be like who cares thats, just means your more awesome than most people, I say do it on purpose from now on to confused people lol, i think i will

decadeOfSA

I say high, you say low
You say why, and I say I don't know
Oh, no
You say goodbye and I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say hello
Hello, hello
I don't know why you say goodbye
I say hello

I have done the same thing before too. I will often just blurt out things without even thinking, and say the complete wrong thing. And the beatles yes.

zootdroop

Day_Tripper said:
No, but once in a while when someone asks "hey, what's up?" I say "good" :p

I've done that and the hello instead of goodbye too. I used to say the wrong things all the time cause I was so worried and nervous all the time around anyone. I'd be thinking about a hundred things at once and when I finally blurted something out it would be the wrong thing. It makes you feel even more stupid and nervous.

chris87

This is a little bit different, but I remember when I won an academic award in high school. My Spanish teacher was there and said to me "Felicitaciones!" (Congratulations). Stupid me, I responded "De nada" (your welcome) instead of "Gracias" (thank you). How embarrassing haha. Of course she couldn't have just spoken to me in English!

One time when I was at Chipotle I meant to ask for sour cream on my burrito but I said cream cheese. I felt really stupid..

TheWall said:
One time when I was at Chipotle I meant to ask for sour cream on my burrito but I said cream cheese. I felt really stupid..

I know I was there lol!

BTW love your new avatar. :D

VioletTears

Yes... Often... Unfortunately, I have a terrible habit of making such mistakes when talking to my supervisor at work:p