Do you ever just get angry...

Ayla

I just got back from my bf's xmas staff party. Not so great for me - lots of people drinking and smiling and asking me why I look bored, when I really just want to get out of there...

do you ever just get angry? I mean, not sad, not depressed or down on yourself - but just angry at all the people around you who's pressence contributes to the SA? Because that's how I feel right now. And I'm just exhausted; I'm so tired, physically and mentally, from all the panic attacks and headaches and I'm really mad at the world right now for having to go through this while everyone else is having such a good time.

redlady

Yes - i feel like that at times. I always chastise myself for feeling it afterwards which is a pain in itself ( negativity bashing on negativity ) but at the time i can't help feeling it.

kiwi

Ayla said:
I just got back from my bf's xmas staff party. Not so great for me - lots of people drinking and smiling and asking me why I look bored, when I really just want to get out of there...

do you ever just get angry? I mean, not sad, not depressed or down on yourself - but just angry at all the people around you who's pressence contributes to the SA? Because that's how I feel right now.

Yes!! I get angry all the time when I'm stuck with a bunch of people and totally bored out of my mind. So many times I have been at a lunch or dinner and I just can't get into the conversation. After a while I get so angry at the fact that I have to sit there and listen to other people talk about stuff that bores me to death!

Richey

Yeah! i get angry especially when everyone around seems to be in seventh heaven while i just struggle. Its depressing but its the only way to battle the problem.

shy_miss_fly

yeah I used to get really angry because I didnt understand why I acted like this and why I couldnt just be normal. Now that I understand I have SA, I dont get as mad but still frusterated.

Awkwardgirl

yeah, i get angry when i'm out socializing especially when someone makes a comment that i'm really quiet.I hate that! :x .one symptom with social anxiety is that you feel like you're being jugded and critized or,that people will notice your anxiety and then someone makes a comment.It makes it worse.doesn't it.so I ask ?Are our fears irrational ?Sometimes it's not all in our head.people do judge and make comments.Something to think about.

refined_rascal

I get angry a lot. Not violent, but angry. It stems from my frustration at not being in control of my life, while seeing those all around me in total control of theirs.

lostboi

Yes I get angry and it stems from JEALOUSLY.. I'm not going to lie. I hate that all those people around me are able to enjoy them selves and just chill and be who they are with out being very subconcious..while I'm sitting there affraid to speak or move because I might get noticed and someone may try to say something to me and then I will be put on the spot to respond. angry and jealous GRRRR :x