Do you believe in ghosts?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LA-girl

Wuhu!! That's a pretty amazing and SCARY story you got there Ned!! 8O
And believe me, I'm not laughing! I am not doubting you had that experience and that what you saw probably was real...the question is just what was it... :?: Anyways, I'm grateful that you decided to share this story with us...although it might mean more sleepless nights for my part! :? :wink:

scared.gif

nedkelly

Thanks for the kind words LaGirl. They were very much appreciated. I like your scooby doo animation :wink:
Yeh, it was pretty hard to share that story. I have mostly accepted what happened that night, and try not to think about it as much these days. I guess it's hard not too at times, but most of the time i am fine with it.
If it happened, it happened so too speak, no use worrying to much about it, and making myself sick. It probarly fascinate's me more then anything.
Again, thanks for the kind words. Hope you are well mate.

Ashleigh/nedkelly

Quixote

Mary said:
But the thing is that to this day if you stop your car right before you get to those tracks, shut it completely off, it will keep moving and take you over the tracks and to the other side! And its an incline going up btw.

You should definitely try to improve your road construction techniques over there :)

thequietone

Yes, I guess I do believe in ghosts, but I'm not sure what they are. I never used to believe until I went to my friends grandma's house, which she claimed was haunted. I totally made fun of the whole thing, not believing but insanely curious why such a normal person could believe in ghosts....to make a long story short, I had a really scary experience in one of the rooms there.
Please don't think I'm crazy either, by the way. :)
I swear, and both my friend and her sister saw it too, there was a bright glowing orb in the ceiling! It just shifted there and moved higher. I don't know if this was a ghost though. In one of the other rooms, there were always these little light particles dashing around, and I searched everywhere but nothing was reflecting them. None of these "things" resembled people at all, so maybe they weren't ghosts, but just energy of some sort? I don't know, but being there and seeing this weird stuff with my own eyes convinced me that something else is out there and maybe there is truth to the stories people tell.

Meow

Yes and i've seen things... no i'm not crazy, well that's debateable... lol. But I've seen things and so have my family in my old house and my grandmas house (next door to eachother) such as spinning lamp shades for no reason, a bell that jingled on the xmas tree each year (one branch would move up and down wherever you put it) voices, jiggling door handles, taps turning themselves on and off etc etc. I used to hear voices in my sleep but ONLY in my old very cold bedroom. And once I saw a pair of vague legs walking into a wall, my mum told me there used to be a door where they walked thru.

No i'm not nuts but this is all true.

IceLad

I tell a lie, I think I may have seen one once years ago. One evening, I was in the spare room on the top floor of my house. I looked out of the window and along with my reflection, I could see the reflection of a tall man at the back of the room. I turned around and there was no one there.

Needless to say, I rushed downstairs and didn't venture up for a good few hours. I haven't seen this ghost (if it was one), since.

nedkelly

Hey jinxed, thanks for the reply. Yeh, it was pretty scary at the time.
Hard to say to many about it, as automatically people think your paranoid/been molested or had a dream.
I must admit, i did not think it would ever happen to me. You just never know i guess. If us humans are possible, i guess anything could be out there. Maybe there is another explanation, but it seemed very real.
Yeh, the fit i had was weird. At the time it felt as though it made me have it. Like i was not meant to see it(alien). It also never spoke to me.
LOL... gee everytime i mention the alien word..even i start to believe i'm crazy...lol. A hard thing to say.
I guess though, why have so many people in the world have had such strange experiences. It does make you wonder.
I guess we will never know.
I just hope i don't have another experience. The actual experience was not as terrifying as you would think(still scary enough), but more the anticipation that it may happen again.
Amazing to read the other guys/girls, experiences in this thread as well.
Really interesting.

Predacon

I've never seen any myself but I think there are a few spirits wondering around. Of course I have no idea if they really are the souls of dead people wandering the Earth or just some other type of manifistation that likes to freak people out.

LittleMissScareAll

I'm not sure if I believe in them or not......I think I believe in aliens though because I did see a UFO a couple of years ago...of course there's no way to know if there were really aliens inside, but I had definitely never seen anything like that in the sky before(a round bright green thing all lit up), and I don't expect that I ever will again. And my mom was with me and she saw it too. It was definitely something unexplainable.
As for ghosts...I thought I saw something when I was a really little kid but there's no way to know for sure...I was too young, I don't know if I was dreaming and my imagination just went crazy or if it was real. But I saw a couple of weird things, both times in my parents' bedroom...my mom used to let me sleep with her until I fell asleep and then she'd take me to my room. I can still remember how they looked though...one was like the outline/shadow of a tall, slim man...standing at the doorway. And the other was what looked like an old woman...creepy. And the old woman wasn't at the door...she was closer...next to the bed. 8O But I dunno, I haven't seen anything since then. Just those 2 times.
I even went on a ghost walk in Tennessee and didn't see anything there but I really wanted to :( ...though the woman giving the tour tried to make us believe there were "water monsters" in the river...it turned out to be beavers. We payed $15 each, to see beavers. :roll:

LittleMissScareAll

A few years ago I got to wondering if kids are more likely to see things like that...maybe because of their imaginations...or maybe not, I dunno...but a few years ago, my little cousin used to seem to be afraid to go in her basement for some reason. She wouldn't go down there alone. And she said the door to her room would open on its own sometime...and I actually saw that happen once. We were in there playing Barbies or something and she had the door closed, and it just opened...nobody else was near the door besides the 2 of us and neither of us opened it. I thought it was her older sister trying to scare her or something, but she was in a room all the way across the house and would have had to run to get back to where she was at and we would have heard her, I'm sure....so it was weird.

Quixote

I wonder why these type of supernatural phenomena always seem to appear to those who are most prone to believing they are such... I have never been witness to any in 24 years, although I did experience the following:

-human like breathing in my room: turned the light on, made sure nobody was there, had a good night of sleep, and the next day I was explained that there are water pipes running inside the walls, likely to have bubbles or air inside playing "breathing" sounds.

-doors opening-closing unexpectedly: invariably, air currents. Usually solved by closing a window on the other side of the house, thus breaking the air flow.

- Voices. The neighbours talking on the other side of the wall (it's an apartment) You can also hear television at times, which is reassuring: ghosts watching a soccer match? Unlikely :)

I agree that all these supernatural things could in theory exist, but it's very unlikely that they do, or else they would have been, if not understood, observed and studied in the course of human history. And they would have ended up not only in odd internet sites or television stories, but in textbooks for schools as well.

Next time something unusual happens to any of you, please don't just accept it as "supernatural": Turn the light on, look carefully around, make an enquiry as to the possible causes, and consider that even if you don't find a plausible explanation, there is likely to be one!

red_reagel

Yes! If I ever saw one I'd never wanna stay alone ever again. Spirits, Ghosts, whatever,..they really creep me out.

refined_rascal

I don't believe in ghosts, god or visitors from outer space (though by their very definition UFO's exist). Although I do believe all mediums, clairvoyant's, psychics or any other self-styled charlatan who claims to recieve messages from 'the other side' should hang their heads in shame. Anyone who makes their living from those unfortunate enough to find themselves at such a vulnerable time in their life are no better than a common thieves. As the saying goes - even Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Sorry about the slight deviation from the original topic.