Do u have sociophobics around?

commenter39

I realized that some of my friends present sociophobic symptoms, sometimes they remind me myself. For example they do not have girlfriends, do not know much people... I wonder if there s an secret attractment between sociophobics, do u have sociophobics around too and what kind of consequences could it bring to have friends like that?

WantToHide

I do. Although we never openly admit it to each other. I really like it, it makes me feel normal. I also like to be around sociable people, so I can learn social skills.

MrJones

Not really, almost everyone I know looks confident, extrovert.. I don't know, they look "normal".
But there's a guy in my class that looks like he has some "issues", maybe depression, I don't know. I tried to talk to him but he's always avoiding conversation. I also tried sitting next to him to see if it makes him comfortable having company but without talking. I don't know what to do to help him, but it seems like he just don't care, so now I leave him alone, maybe it's what he wants... ::(:

U

userremoved

Your friends sound exactly like mine lol. We're all extremely socially awkward but in different ways. We were drawn together by similar interests. I dunno if social phobics have a lot of the same interests or not. But yeah, its a double edged sword. It's nice and comfortable to be around quiet people who understand how it feels, but it's also hard to get out and socialize if you're trying to get motivated. Like a few times we've gone to places like bars and the others wanted to leave because too many people were there and I wasn't much help.

commenter39

Your friends sound exactly like mine lol. We're all extremely socially awkward but in different ways. We were drawn together by similar interests. I dunno if social phobics have a lot of the same interests or not. But yeah, its a double edged sword. It's nice and comfortable to be around quiet people who understand how it feels, but it's also hard to get out and socialize if you're trying to get motivated. Like a few times we've gone to places like bars and the others wanted to leave because too many people were there and I wasn't much help.

yeah i had an experience like that, in fact i could not:) my friend said let s go to a bar and find some girls, u know and i said ha ha we three are just the ones who s gonna do that:)

cosmosis

I wish I had friends who were 'socialphobic'. I grew up around a family who were socialites and 1 or 2 friends who were probably the most outgoing people in the entire damn school.

Please tell me if there's a way to find or connect with local people who are not so socially inclined? I've always wanted to find people more like that, yet they arn't exactly 'out there' meeting people :(

U

userremoved

^ If you're at school they're easy to spot. They'll be the people sitting in the waaaaay back or near a window not talking to anyone.

Mickery

Yes, but I didn't enjoy much by the end. It may even have made things worse. I wanted to go out and do more adventurous things, but I was the only one. So I didn't.

cosmosis

^ If you're at school they're easy to spot. They'll be the people sitting in the waaaaay back or near a window not talking to anyone.

Not at school anymore. After school, they all disappear and seem to just show up on anonymous websites.

nikkixo

I have one friend who has social anxiety. She's on medication for it, but I don't think hers is that bad because she is always trying to drag me out to clubs and stuff which I could never do. Other than that, all of my friends and family are extremely outgoing which makes me feel like an outcast when I'm out with them and they can just talk to anyone and I'm just standing there in the corner blushing my ass off and fidgeting.