Do people w/APD have the ability 2 give someone a chance, to date..fall in love?

nonsuch

There is a book called Attached you can oder it from Amazon or Barnes & Nobles. I have read excerpts from it, and it seems right on for avoidants, and the people who fall for them. Typically, anxious people (me) seem to fall for avoidants. I had a LTR with a woman who seems to fit the bill as having APD, although there were lots of moments of vulnerability. But after over 5 years, she was still resistant to living together, and terrified of marriage. When it was good, it was the best rel/ship I've ever experienced in terms of relatability, compatibility, interests, etc. When I finally pushed after 5 years to go to the next level, it was all over (although we did reconcile for 2 and half more months, 5 months after this second breakup). I know I have to move on. We live only 2 miles away from each other.

I get my hopes up when we run into each other, or talk by phone, but she just can't show up in a relationship. I feel the best when I'm angry. I loved this woman more than anyone I've ever known...and I am over 40 years old..